• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

New format of board

I used to like highlighting a specific part of a post I replied to by making it bold.

I've seen others do it, but haven't figured it out myself. Can someone explain please?
Thanks for this Guntri, but it looks like you're using a keyboard and mouse. I mostly use my phone or android tablet and I can't replicate your move. I've already tried using the bold button but.......

Hi getting used to the new layout. Thank you for all the hard work you must have put in.

One observation
As an example - If you are in "Palace Talk" reading a topic and you want to return to "Palace Talk" if you try to use the rolldown list on the right, it does not take you back to "Palace Talk". You stay in the topic.

You can use the Roll down menu to go to other sites ie "General Talk"

Not sure if it should work this way.

I know there are other ways to go back to the route so not a major problem.

I hope this makes sense.

Keep up the great work.

Hi getting used to the new layout. Thank you for all the hard work you must have put in.

One observation
As an example - If you are in "Palace Talk" reading a topic and you want to return to "Palace Talk" if you try to use the rolldown list on the right, it does not take you back to "Palace Talk". You stay in the topic.

You can use the Roll down menu to go to other sites ie "General Talk"

Not sure if it should work this way.

I know there are other ways to go back to the route so not a major problem.

I hope this makes sense.

Keep up the great work.
Hit the link for Palace Talk at the bottom (and also the beginning) of each topic.

1000056382.webp

The new format is great and I really appreciate all the work has gone into. Makes it so much easier on my phone to scroll through - thanks all!

One slight thing is that when looking at a transfer talk thread, I only ever go straight to the final page for new replies. But in order to get there, you have to scroll to the bottom of the 1st page first. Is it possible please for a link to be at the top?

Very picky I know but I’m sure others must be the same? Thanks again!

One slight thing is that when looking at a transfer talk thread, I only ever go straight to the final page for new replies. But in order to get there, you have to scroll to the bottom of the 1st page first. Is it possible please for a link to be at the top?

Very picky I know but I’m sure others must be the same? Thanks again!
If you click the date part of a topic that’s listed it will take you to the latest post.

I think there’s a bug that appears with the use of apostrophes? It affects my user name and I’ve also seen the same thing with the use of other apostrophes on the new site. It puts in an â, a Euro sign and a ‘Trade Mark’ logo in place of the apostrophe 🤔

Below is a screen shot to demonstrate what I mean.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.webp
    IMG_0470.webp
    68.4 KB · Views: 9
I think there’s a bug that appears with the use of apostrophes? It affects my user name and I’ve also seen the same thing with the use of other apostrophes on the new site. It puts in an â, a Euro sign and a ‘Trade Mark’ logo in place of the apostrophe 🤔

Below is a screen shot to demonstrate what I mean.
Ah yes - thanks for highlighting that - will fix at some point.

If you click the date part of a topic that’s listed it will take you to the latest post.
Thank you for this but I don’t think it does? Clicking that or the ‘jump to new’ still keeps me on the first page rather than taking me straight to the latest post. I have to scroll to the bottom first and then click the link to get to the last page.

Apologies if it’s just me!

Nice one on the new message board. Overall very positive.

One question though, I've switched off all notifications but seem to still be getting tonnes of emails i.e every time someone posts on a thread I've previously posted on. Any way to stop this?

Cheers

Nice one on the new message board. Overall very positive.

One question though, I've switched off all notifications but seem to still be getting tonnes of emails i.e every time someone posts on a thread I've previously posted on. Any way to stop this?

Cheers

If you go here:

You should be able to manage the notifications for watched topics.

I was happy with the old format as I use a laptop but guess, at 84, I can't buck progress!

One feature that I now can't find is 'Next Topic' so have to move out and click the topic again to get there. Is this intentional or have I missed something?

I was happy with the old format as I use a laptop but guess, at 84, I can't buck progress!

One feature that I now can't find is 'Next Topic' so have to move out and click the topic again to get there. Is this intentional or have I missed something?
The new software we are using for the forum unfortunately didn't have that option, but I might find the time to look into it, to see if I can add it in.

Back