• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

New format of board

Seems easy to navigate and so far a refreshing lack of narcissistic pomposity that was prevalent on the previous version.

Well done all who made it happen
I don't get the 'narcissistic pomposity' comment. Am I missing something?

On the whole the new format looks and feels more professional and some of the added features, like the ability to watch a topic, could be useful. Still finding my way around and haven't got to grips with everything yet - for instance I wanted to highlight the comment from HKOs post, but haven't figured that out.

I don't get the 'narcissistic pomposity' comment. Am I missing something?

On the whole the new format looks and feels more professional and some of the added features, like the ability to watch a topic, could be useful. Still finding my way around and haven't got to grips with everything yet - for instance I wanted to highlight the comment from HKOs post, but haven't figured that out.
He means either Wisbech Eagle hasn't posted yet or that he's got him on 'ignore', as I have

Seems easy to navigate and so far a refreshing lack of narcissistic pomposity that was prevalent on the previous version.

Well done all who made it happen
Dont get this comment. Please explain. Personally I dont like any change that comes with notifications, emails etc etc. Just had to block a load of stuff. I liked the old simplicity. Sadly Im not a geek even though i try my hardest to be one as well as being woke and a snowflake. Its where the world is going and I have to go with it or fall off.

I have no intention of putting anyone on ignore, yet! But where is the ignore button just in case?
If you touch the name above someone's post, there is a drop-down that includes the ignore button. To delete someone without having seen a post (eg Wisbech) you find them in the member database and then you will see 'ignore' (or in my case for Wisbech 'unignore') under their profile picture.

Last edited:
Seems easy enough to use. Makes me feel a bit like Clint Eastwood, with my finger poised on the 'ignore' trigger.
I think there's been a few posters woken up to find this new format , and just watching for a few days, to see what happens, before they start posting. It'll probably be a week before I get orientated properly and get back to posting utter s*** again. (testing the swear filter) or is shlt acceptable , or 5hlt ?

There's a lot of cool stuff that I've still not worked out yet.

I like having "What's New" page and refreshing during the day.

Being mobile friendly is a game changer.

Excellent job, thanks for all the work on this. Looks great, works well on phone and the 'ignore' button has done wonders for my blood pressure and should stop me getting the odd yellow card.

Last edited:
I used to like highlighting a specific part of a post I replied to by making it bold.

I've seen others do it, but haven't figured it out myself. Can someone explain please?

Back