• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

My error of judgement

I agree with others that the biggest miss is his leadership. Defensively we've been ok and I doubt we'd have conceded fewer goals than we have. Offensively we've struggled. I'm not sure JA would have improved that. Lacroix, for me, will end up proving to be a better defender than Andersen, but so far he seems less vocal. If Andersen wanted 150k per week for 4-5 years then Palace were right to sell him if he would have been unhappy to stay on a lower contract as that would have wrecked the club's pay structure and policy on deals for players over 30. I liked Andersen but our struggles are because we haven't successfully replaced Olise.
In private conversations I suggested Man Utd's Amad Diallo.
Peterborough's Kwame Poku also entered the discussion but it is a significant leap from League One to the Premier League.

In private conversations I suggested Man Utd's Amad Diallo.
Peterborough's Kwame Poku also entered the discussion but it is a significant leap from League One to the Premier League.
Dario Osorio from FC Midtjylland, Chilean youngster, But Diallo is a very good shout

In one interview I saw Anderson stressed the length rather than the salary of the contract. I think this was about the "one year contracts for the 30+s" rule. I've a hunch that might have come into Ayew's thinking - which for me was a more damaging loss. Rules is rules I guess; if you're going to have them you have to stick to them. Whether it's a sensible rule........

I still think we made the right decision with Anderson. The terms of the deal favored all parties and it will take a year or so to work out if it was the right one for us.

We have strong options at CB and now it’s competition for the wing backs we need.

Back