• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Matt Turner (signed on loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Turner is not adept at playing the ball out with his feet and has erred a few times in doing so.
He is not fluent in this aspect of the game and some have proclaimed this as a weakness.
Very inexperienced at PL level.

Solid international keeper. Reminds me of Hennessy who made world class saves but also prone to letting in the easy ones through positioning and “bad luck’ deflections.

If true another puzzling choice & waste of loan.

We might as well just take back one of former keepers Hennessey is available & looks like another one is McCarthy who has been dropped down order at Southampton.

Owen Goodman has impressed on loan at Colchester and now Wimbledon AFC, also played twice at international level U20s.

He has height something our goalies lack.

What you look for you may have already.

🙂

A back up keeper is never going to set pulses racing. If he is happy to come in and play second fiddle without disrupting things then i'm all for it. We have been spoilt with having able number 1's as our number 2's for the last few years in Butland, Johnstone, Guaita. Shame it is taking up one of our two premier league loan spots however.

I understand that Nick, a waste of a loan spot if you ask me. Nowt wrong with Mathews being No2, covered very well for a few seasons now when called upon.

I can only offer speculative and quite ignorant thoughts EM!

Perhaps they don’t see Matthew’s as an adequate no.2 at PL level and/or have unanswered questions or doubts over Henderson (hence the Johnstone fiasco). So maybe Turner is more ‘almost there’?

The more I think, and more I type, the more I realise I really do know nothing! I can’t even learn it from a book unfortunately.

I can only offer speculative and quite ignorant thoughts EM!

Perhaps they don’t see Matthew’s as an adequate no.2 at PL level and/or have unanswered questions or doubts over Henderson (hence the Johnstone fiasco). So maybe Turner is more ‘almost there’?

The more I think, and more I type, the more I realise I really do know nothing! I can’t even learn it from a book unfortunately.
You are not alone in that my friend. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

A Sunderland fan I know described Matthews as the worst goalkeeper he’d ever seen. Whilst that may be an exaggeration, he could have done better with the goal he conceded against Liverpool when he came off the bench when Johnston went off injured. Turner looks like a downgrade on Johnston but an upgrade on Matthews. And another £10 million in the kitty may come in handy.

A Sunderland fan I know described Matthews as the worst goalkeeper he’d ever seen. Whilst that may be an exaggeration, he could have done better with the goal he conceded against Liverpool when he came off the bench when Johnston went off injured. Turner looks like a downgrade on Johnston but an upgrade on Matthews. And another £10 million in the kitty may come in handy.
You may recall our hero Henderson's late goal against West Ham last term. Good job we had already scored 5.

Point is every dog has a bad day.

Looks like this is going to happen which is crazy.

Some very questionable things going on almost like they just want bargain basement people to fill numbers at times.

What was the point of signing the 22yr old keeper and giving matthews a new contract.

If this is done again i hope we have option to buy we keep missing the mark with that all the other clubs do it but we never do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back