Main Stand redevelopment thread

That is not unusual these days. Average now is between £70 to £80k for a simple Dorma loft conversion, including an en-suite. Pricing and take off is what I do and I can tell you the cost of labour and materials now is so high it is putting people off. Trouble is there is no correction coming anytime soon. Just had notifications that all costs are going up again because of fuel costs.
Not in Cornwall! I am in the process of converting roof space in our dormer bungalow by extending the front dormer by 3 metres to create an additional single en suite, using the existing dormer as the bathroom and putting in a velux to provide light in the master bedroom. The cost, including fees, will be around £35,000. I though am doing the decorating.
 
Watching a program about grounds.
Man City’s ground was built in 2002 , £110m all in 😫
Olympic stadium has cost a total of 700 m , think 450 for Olympics and 250 to convert to football , spurs stadium 1.3b and I reckon if both was built in to today's climate it would cost at least another 200 to 300m , which we are paying for our stand ,

so I dont think people can grasp how much cost in London have gone through the roof , if you Google costs to build its will ask what area , they base the prices on were you live ,

I brought my bungalow for 175k spent 55k if I brought same in Thurrock it would cost 350k and and another 75k to bring it up to same spec
 
Not in Cornwall! I am in the process of converting roof space in our dormer bungalow by extending the front dormer by 3 metres to create an additional single en suite, using the existing dormer as the bathroom and putting in a velux to provide light in the master bedroom. The cost, including fees, will be around £35,000. I though am doing the decorating.
Would you be free to do a bit of decorating at Selhurst Park to keep the costs down as well?
 
Not in Cornwall! I am in the process of converting roof space in our dormer bungalow by extending the front dormer by 3 metres to create an additional single en suite, using the existing dormer as the bathroom and putting in a velux to provide light in the master bedroom. The cost, including fees, will be around £35,000. I though am doing the decorating.
f*** me! Check they aren't building it from old cereal boxes WE!

What a world we live in when something sounds unbelievably cheap at £35k...
 
Its mental. One of my mates is a sparky, and was on 200 a day pre covid. Covid spiked that to 500.

He now wont work for less than 500. So will happily work 1 day a week at 500, and then just doss the rest of the week. (madness to me that he wont pick up another 4 days on a lower wage)
Well he would sit at home an awful lot if i had any say in it. I employ between 30 to 40 guys on a regular basis and use around 6 sparkies and the most for domestic work is £300. Plumbers are worse, some trying to get £440 plus a day… no chance a home owner is paying that.
 
Well he would sit at home an awful lot if i had any say in it. I employ between 30 to 40 guys on a regular basis and use around 6 sparkies and the most for domestic work is £300. Plumbers are worse, some trying to get £440 plus a day… no chance a home owner is paying that.

Homeowners pay what they are quoted.
If I quote £550 to skim a bedroom and it’s done in a day , that’s what’s being paid.
 
Well they shouldn't. Lot of chancers out there and people taking the piss.

Always get 3 quotes, minimum.

What? If someone is happy with a quote and they are happy with the job they pay the bill. That’s it.

if they want to get 3 quotes, that’s fine. If they pick the cheapest and it comes out Sh*t, you get what you pay for.
 
Well they shouldn't. Lot of chancers out there and people taking the piss.

Always get 3 quotes, minimum.

Out of interest what is taking the p*ss?
If someone has worked their trade for 20 years and wants to be paid accordingly, is that taking the pi*s?

Go to the dentist and some middle class c*nt charges you £120 to open your mouth for 20 minutes , but because he’s been to university and talks with a plum in his mouth. That’s fine.
That’s what’s wrong with the country , unfortunately
 
Out of interest what is taking the p*ss?
If someone has worked their trade for 20 years and wants to be paid accordingly, is that taking the pi*s?

Go to the dentist and some middle class c*nt charges you £120 to open your mouth for 20 minutes , but because he’s been to university and talks with a plum in his mouth. That’s fine.
That’s what’s wrong with the country , unfortunately
tis true,
my dentist charged me £90 for 10 min check over but Id bet he'd cry at my £250for a day ,Decorating.
varies from 200- 350 depending tbh.
 
Out of interest what is taking the p*ss?
If someone has worked their trade for 20 years and wants to be paid accordingly, is that taking the pi*s?

Go to the dentist and some middle class c*nt charges you £120 to open your mouth for 20 minutes , but because he’s been to university and talks with a plum in his mouth. That’s fine.
That’s what’s wrong with the country , unfortunately
All depends what the work is doesn't it? If someone charges you a grand to paint a normal 4 m2 internal wall with standard dulux paint, that would be taking the piss.

Work in the construction industry tendering projects and have done lots of work on own houses also and you get all sorts.

Anglian homes tried to charge me 16k for a 2m x 2.5m set of bifolds the other day which is ludicrous. Unfortunately I think there's people out there that do pay it though as dont know any better (and hence why their price point is at that level)

Of course there's tons of good people out there, I'm not saying there isn't. Just saying there's some people out there that effectively con people for the work they're doing / do
 
What? If someone is happy with a quote and they are happy with the job they pay the bill. That’s it.

if they want to get 3 quotes, that’s fine. If they pick the cheapest and it comes out Sh*t, you get what you pay for.
I read your message as people just get a / one quote and just pay it which, unless you have a good understanding of what the work should cost, I would always advise against.

Of course depending on value of work, timescales, etc or if you're minted and it doesn't matter !
 
I read your message as people just get a / one quote and just pay it which, unless you have a good understanding of what the work should cost, I would always advise against.

Ok. I don’t care how many quotes a customer gets , my price is what it is.
My labour cost/materials cost/what I want to earn, doesn’t change.
You’ll get a good job off us, if we do it.
Pay what the quote is , or don’t.
 
Ok. I don’t care how many quotes a customer gets , my price is what it is.
My labour cost/materials cost/what I want to earn, doesn’t change.
You’ll get a good job off us, if we do it.
Pay what the quote is , or don’t.
Of course. And that's broadly how it's all supposed to work
 
Last edited:

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top