• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Ireland vs England, Dublin, Saturday 5pm

Country
Netherlands
Ireland vs England.

Looking at all the journalism. You could be forgiven for believing that the MSM love to stoke up the animosity. Animosity between the constituent parts of these Islands ? The media went absolutely hog-wild when some Irish Flags were standing with the British Flags in Belfast. And then all the Politicians chiming in.....'down with this sort of thing'......'careful now'.

Sinn Fein's Mary Lou McDonald looked on in disbelief. Realising that all the little sheep didnt want to follow her on her Woke Crusade. Her anti-British crusade.

Looking forward to a cracking game ( highly unlikely ) and friendly pints afters ( slightly more likely).

Ireland 0, England 8. Boring - effectively game over after 20 minutes.

Ironic the journalists are reporting 'English hooligans' arriving. The original hooligans were the Houlihan family. Irish renegades living in 1890s South-London.

Sterling, on here, always talks of the intertwined nature of the two countries. England players with irish family......McGuire, Harry Kane, Declan Rice, Jack Grealish, .......then there were eagles like Clinton Morrison & Sean Scannell. Most of the Ireland team play in England, and at least half of them talk like English boys and needed a map to find the old sod. Home advantage ? forget it. 0-8.

Last edited:
I was going to go to the game. I checked prices last week and it was 90-120 euro. Sure that's flights and hotel to watch Palace play. Feck that.

All these Irish saying they’re going to slaughter Rice and Grealish for choosing England over Ireland, especially Rice who actually played for Ireland make me laugh. I think they need to ask some of these Irish who they support, most of them will say Rangers, Celtic, Liverpool, Man Utd etc Hypocrites!! They don’t even support teams in their own country let alone their local teams

All these Irish saying they’re going to slaughter Rice and Grealish for choosing England over Ireland, especially Rice who actually played for Ireland make me laugh. I think they need to ask some of these Irish who they support, most of them will say Rangers, Celtic, Liverpool, Man Utd etc Hypocrites!! They don’t even support teams in their own country let alone their local teams

that's new to me !

now imagine the joy of wearing a Palace shirt in a sea of ManUre & Liverpool. We took 6 points off the former and spanked the latter at Anfield. A ManUre kid told my nephew 'Palace are shyte' , at school. And rapidly went very silent when informed some home truths.

Football ? 'our own local teams'.....catch the ball, handle the ball, bounce the ball, throw the ball, ....but never head the ball. And dont even wear shinpads.

Any sane person would choose to play for England over Ireland. Can't remember the last time Ireland made a tournament.

Rice is from Kingston (West London) I believe? And grealish is a brummie. Both would never have gotten their 100 million pounds moves if they chose Ireland.

Ironically the Ireland team historical has only every been good with a team of England team rejects.

As for Irish manure and Liverpool fans. I don't take them seriously at all. A quick "have you ever seen your team play in person" or "what part of Liverpool/ Manchester are you from" usually shuts them up. You could say that about most of those fans anyway.

Any sane person would choose to play for England over Ireland. Can't remember the last time Ireland made a tournament.

Rice is from Kingston (West London) I believe? And grealish is a brummie. Both would never have gotten their 100 million pounds moves if they chose Ireland.

Ironically the Ireland team historical has only every been good with a team of England team rejects.

As for Irish manure and Liverpool fans. I don't take them seriously at all. A quick "have you ever seen your team play in person" or "what part of Liverpool/ Manchester are you from" usually shuts them up. You could say that about most of those fans anyway.

I think what pisses the Irish off is that he actually played three times for them at full level and the decided to change. As you say, obviously the right decision. Usually those who choose to play for Ireland who are not actually Irish are the ones who have no chance of playing for England.

I think what pisses the Irish off is that he actually played three times for them at full level and the decided to change. As you say, obviously the right decision. Usually those who choose to play for Ireland who are not actually Irish are the ones who have no chance of playing for England.

Like Clinton Morrison ? He would have an open Tab for Guinness in every pub in Ireland. And SE19

It seems that Lee Carsley is refusing to sing the National Anthem ahead of this evening's game 'because he needs to stay focused'. What a lot of bunkum.

This from a Brummie who wasn't good enough to play for England and chose Ireland because of his grandparents heritage. I hope he doesn't get the England job on a permanent basis. We need an English, manager who's as proud as hell of his country and who chooses to sing the anthem (dreary though it is) at full volume.

It seems that Lee Carsley is refusing to sing the National Anthem ahead of this evening's game 'because he needs to stay focused'. What a lot of bunkum.

This from a Brummie who wasn't good enough to play for England and chose Ireland because of his grandparents heritage. I hope he doesn't get the England job on a permanent basis. We need an English, manager who's as proud as hell of his country and who chooses to sing the anthem (dreary though it is) at full volume.
He hasn't exactly put in a good job application for the England manager job permanently. Presumably a big Celtic fan.

On a side note I just seen that the england team are staying around the corner from me in maynooth. I thought I seen Eze out on a jog this morning 😅

Back