Glasner to Forest

Whilst it’s unquestionably true that the last 18 months have been the most successful in my long experience of being a Palace supporter. Which dates back more than 70 years. Whether the most enjoyable is another question.

I think though that Glasner, whilst obviously a good man manager, is being given far too much credit. Parish, with Freedman securing the players, built the team. A team with character, with leaders and skills.

Glasner obviously saw us a stepping stone and jumped off hoping to land on a bigger one. The only big thing he has landed on is Forest’s owner and the cheques he can write.

Glasner’s behaviour early this year, when he clearly angled to get sacked, destroyed my opinion of him. I don’t blame him for deciding to get very rich. I do blame him for the lies. I think Freedman left because of Glasner and this will likely impact us far more in the long run than winning three trophies.

I don’t get to watch games live very often these days but if I was there on Sunday I would neither cheer nor boo him. I would ignore him and hope the players, our Board and support staff all do the same.
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top