• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Glasner loyalty to kamada

For the record, I'll defer to Glasner's experience and judgement ré Kamada for at least another month, probably two. I recall how useless Mateta appeared to me throughout many appearances over many many months, only to surprise me as a reliable striker both strong and skilled at finishing.

Kamada hasn't impressed me, and he hasn't flashed more than the occasional moment of promise. But Glasner has seen much more of him than I, so... I'll turn my attention to other players for a while. If the gaffer is patient with him, I can be, too.
Bit like now then?

From that article about his time at Frankfurt, he seems to a player for Eze's position.

Once again, it seems like OG is trying to accommodate everyone.

It's Kamada or Eze not both, just like it's Mateta or Nketiah not both.

I think this is why we are not firing properly yet this season.

The concern is that if he keeps getting picked and underperforming then this could impact the team morale if the likes of Hughes or Lerma think he's only getting picked because he's OG's man. The PL is ruthless and you can't carry players. Everton are a big, physical team and even just for defending corners we need Lerma back in midfield. My view is Kamada should be benched and he will need to earn a starting place through positive appearances from the bench, but what do I know?!

Agree Kamada seems a good replacement for Eze (who did miss almost 1/3 of games last season) rather than a starting ATM.
I'm not sure the CM experiment was out of necessity, maybe more down to OG's stubbornness.

He struggled against QPR only a few days before so it was pretty obvious he would be underwhelming against a better team a few days later
If only that were true. Eze is our creative hub. the opposition know it and mark him accordingly. He needs someone to release the pressure and, so far, Kamada has shown absolutely no sign he is capable of doing this. Unfortunately we don't have another attacking midfielder apart from Eze and this has been a weakness for a long time since the advent of Cabaye, Bannon and Michael Hughes.
With Wharton nursing a groin injury and below his best the likes of Lerma, Hughes and Kamada are not contributing creatively and so Eze ploughs a lone furrow and Palace go short of goals.
Getting the midfield sorted so Mateta and Nketiah can display their true abilities is the number one priority.

If only that were true. Eze is our creative hub. the opposition know it and mark him accordingly. He needs someone to release the pressure and, so far, Kamada has shown absolutely no sign he is capable of doing this. Unfortunately we don't have another attacking midfielder apart from Eze and this has been a weakness for a long time since the advent of Cabaye, Bannon and Michael Hughes.
With Wharton nursing a groin injury and below his best the likes of Lerma, Hughes and Kamada are not contributing creatively and so Eze ploughs a lone furrow and Palace go short of goals.
Getting the midfield sorted so Mateta and Nketiah can display their true abilities is the number one priority.
I would start with Nketia and Sarr. See how we get on. 2nd half v Man U, we looked dangerous.

Really bad luck that Decoure is out injured again for a few weeks. The ideal midfield pairing is Wharton and Decoure. Every team has to deal with the constant battle with injuries, but a stable defensive anchor makes such a difference

For the record, I'll defer to Glasner's experience and judgement ré Kamada for at least another month, probably two. I recall how useless Mateta appeared to me throughout many appearances over many many months, only to surprise me as a reliable striker both strong and skilled at finishing.

Kamada hasn't impressed me, and he hasn't flashed more than the occasional moment of promise. But Glasner has seen much more of him than I, so... I'll turn my attention to other players for a while. If the gaffer is patient with him, I can be, too.
I agree,the I want it now brigade amuse me. Remember when Mile Jedinak first arrived? couldn’t pass the ball for toffee but ended up being one of our best midfielders ever. I trust OG’s judgement on a player he has worked with before.

I agree,the I want it now brigade amuse me. Remember when Mile Jedinak first arrived? couldn’t pass the ball for toffee but ended up being one of our best midfielders ever. I trust OG’s judgement on a player he has worked with before.
I agree. He has a lot of good players now, and his job is to find a winning formation. I do hope he has the ruthlessness to drop players if they don’t fit, and this includes Kamada even if they’ve been a favourite previously

Hopefully things change, but I suspect Kamada might be a player that us fans struggle to get.

We are looking for moments of brilliance, beating a man, whipping in a good cross etc.

I suspect Glasner would like those thing, but will be looking at lots of other 'metrics', a lot of which will be tactical and positional that we are unlikely to see. Pressing at the right angle, starting position in and out of possession etc

Just a guess, but Sarr (for example) is likely to deliver more of the first, and Kamada more of the 2nd.

It might be why OG feels that Sarr is great coming off the bench for now.

I'm saying Kamada as a No10 is a replacement for Eze not a player who can complement him i.e you can't start with them both.
Whilst he has shown little thus far, Kamada has shown over a number of seasons in Germany that he can score and create goals, if played in the right position and formation. A holding CM is clearly not it.

With our current formation an impact sub would be my current thinking for him.

Hopefully things change, but I suspect Kamada might be a player that us fans struggle to get.

We are looking for moments of brilliance, beating a man, whipping in a good cross etc.

I suspect Glasner would like those thing, but will be looking at lots of other 'metrics', a lot of which will be tactical and positional that we are unlikely to see. Pressing at the right angle, starting position in and out of possession etc

Just a guess, but Sarr (for example) is likely to deliver more of the first, and Kamada more of the 2nd.

It might be why OG feels that Sarr is great coming off the bench for now.

That all sounds reasonable to me.

I still think there is a bit of a jigsaw there, with a number of players holding differing attributes/strengths, and Glasner is still working out what the final or best possible picture should look like. I therefore would not be surprised if OG is aware of the quality Kamada can bring, but not entirely sure of what the final picture is and where Kamada fits, just yet.

Back