• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

What to expect Vs Leicester

Lanzo-Ad

Country
Spain
it will be interesting to see which new signings start or if there are any formation changes, I think this is a very important game, i expect us to dominate completely and win comfortably, whether that will happen remains to be seen, but we now have options for Glasner, player and tactics wise,

3 - 4 - 2 - 1

Henderson

Lacroix
Guéhi
Richards

Munoz
Wharton
Doucouré
Mitchell

Eze
Kamada

Mateta

Subs:
Nketiah
Turner
Chalobah
Lerma
Sarr
Schlupp
Clyne
Hughes
Ward

Subs made in colours

Glasner is quite methodical in his approach and I doubt all the outfield new players will start.
This could mean retaining Clyne, Guehi and Richards which did well at the end of the season as a 3 and also v Chelsea.
The new players could then get an outing v QPR with a more gentle introduction.
Having said that, I could see Nketiah being involved v Leicester.

We seem to usually beat them in my perception. And it usually feels like where we could have scored more than the two or three goals we get. Saying that, I've little idea of their current manager, tactics and style. Judging by what little I've seen, they seem to be sitting back, counter attacking and pretty direct. They'll probably play Édouard - hopefully he stays consistent in his performances.

We seem to usually beat them in my perception. And it usually feels like where we could have scored more than the two or three goals we get. Saying that, I've little idea of their current manager, tactics and style. Judging by what little I've seen, they seem to be sitting back, counter attacking and pretty direct. They'll probably play Édouard - hopefully he stays consistent in his performances.
Can he play against his parent club ? Maybe we insisted he did !

I hope Munoz has got some energy left. Just watched the highlights of his game for Colombia v Argentina yesterday. He not only won the penalty for the winning goal but in the 97th minute of a WC qualifying game they were leading by a single goal he pops up in the opponent's penalty box and gets a shot off that was well saved by Martinez. The guy's a maniac

I read a few times since the window shut that OG is believed to want to play JPM and Nketiah together. If true this will be interesting. I think on paper we should win this. Before any predictable 'football isn't played on paper' responses I completely agree. In fact nearly always when I feel confident of a win we lose.
Putting it this way, if we play close to what we are capable of we are better than even the best performance Leicester have in them. Thats the key, we have to be at our best.
OG has had a bit of time to work with the new signings and I'm sure a plan is forming in his mind in terms of how we'll approach this one.
I fancy us in this one but only if we are on it.

I hope Munoz has got some energy left. Just watched the highlights of his game for Colombia v Argentina yesterday. He not only won the penalty for the winning goal but in the 97th minute of a WC qualifying game they were leading by a single goal he pops up in the opponent's penalty box and gets a shot off that was well saved by Martinez. The guy's a maniac

I thought that when I was watching him in the copa America, he’s got some energy that’s for sure. Maniac might be a bit harsh, but then he is Colombian so you may be right 🤣

Love the bloke though 😎

we are the best bet on the fixed odds coupon ... lovely bit of 4/7 ... comfy 2-0, maybe 3, hope Ayew comes on as sub and gets a standing ovation, then does a trademark miss bless him.

I thought that when I was watching him in the copa America, he’s got some energy that’s for sure. Maniac might be a bit harsh, but then he is Colombian so you may be right 🤣

Love the bloke though 😎
Munoz departing . . .

Back