• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Wan-Bissaka and ex-players

edskan

Country
Thailand
Just watching him now. He looks a shadow of the player he was when he played for us. His positioning is all over the place and just looks generally rubbish.

I kind of wish ex-players the best, but I must admit there's part of me that enjoys seeing them not do well. Players like Ayew, who served the club well, I do wish well. However, for others who didn't stay at the club that long I can't say the same. For example, it's annoying when players like Sorloth do well once they've left. Just wondered how others feel.

P.S. If Édouard does well at Leicester I'll be seriously annoyed.

I’ll be seriously amazed 😀

But picking up on your original point, I have to admit, I always remember l loved Ian Wright so much, I really enjoyed seeing him banging in the goals for Arsenal after he’d left(except against us of course) he was just such a natural finisher and with that pride that he came from us I just couldn’t help it

I think it depends primarily on how I felt about them when here but secondarily, the manner in which they left.

I’ll always cheer on the likes of Wilf, AWB, Ayew etc. they were great players for us and I had no issue when they left (AWB as we got a ludicrous figure for him).

The likes of Sorloth I’m indifferent on, barely played. Olise might be another one where we were merely a stepping stone but he did very well for us.

Come to think of it there’s not many I genuinely dislike. Ian Wright was slightly before my memory, but it does feel as though he’s muttering under his breath on the rare occasion he does mention us, so somewhat remarkably there is a bit of beef there.

Ah, just can't forgive Wright for celebrating when he scored against us and sent us down. Respect how you feel about him, but I just find him nauseating and obnoxious.

He didn’t send us down, our lack of points through the whole season sent us down
But we’d better not get into the love him hate him argument again

Now Clive Allen, I really did hate him after he left 😀

Fair enough. We're all entitled to our opinion. To be a great player you need to have that arrogance I guess. I just don't like the guy. Most other ex-players have always talked fondly of their time with Palace, he always thinks he's above us and like he was never at the club.

Fair enough. We're all entitled to our opinion. To be a great player you need to have that arrogance I guess. I just don't like the guy. Most other ex-players have always talked fondly of their time with Palace, he always thinks he's above us and like he was never at the club.
Completely agree with your view. Every time he talks about palace is as if it was a dark patch in his journey. Don’t sense any fondness for us. Heard him talking about transfer on the podcast and palace did nothing wrong, didn’t stand in his way or tray to get more money than what he was worth a the time.

He didn’t send us down, our lack of points through the whole season sent us down
But we’d better not get into the love him hate him argument again

Now Clive Allen, I really did hate him after he left 😀
I felt sorry for Clive Allen who clearly didn’t want to be with us. I saw him arrive at Selhurst for his first game and try to enter the players car park, but couldn’t have been given his pass. Whoever was looking after it didn’t simply not recognise him but obviously had no knowledge he was expected and told him he couldn’t park, telling him it was a players only area! Great welcome.

I was sad to see ayew go, really did like him...just always seemed to give it his all...and the smiles to the fans as he ran down the sidelines....
Anderson...after the fa cup semi against Chelsea ...I slated him...I reckoned he wasn't premiership standard...I got put in my place...heehee....but no big guns came looking for him ....
Olise ,wish him the best ....young lad with ambition and talent...keep going my son!!!
Overall....I wish them all the best,as you would...but honestly...I really hope Jordan does well,,, he really is an honest player!!!

Just watching him now. He looks a shadow of the player he was when he played for us. His positioning is all over the place and just looks generally rubbish.

I kind of wish ex-players the best, but I must admit there's part of me that enjoys seeing them not do well. Players like Ayew, who served the club well, I do wish well. However, for others who didn't stay at the club that long I can't say the same. For example, it's annoying when players like Sorloth do well once they've left. Just wondered how others feel.
Are you watching the same game?

AWB clearly is one of their better players. On a couple of occasions he went past 4 City players with ease and cuts inside. Can't believe we weren't in for him. Better than Mitchell.

Are you watching the same game?

AWB clearly is one of their better players. On a couple of occasions he went past 4 City players with ease and cuts inside. Can't believe we weren't in for him. Better than Mitchell.
Yeah, he did improve as the game went on. I was a bit premature there - as my gf will readily attest to ;-)

I felt sorry for Clive Allen who clearly didn’t want to be with us. I saw him arrive at Selhurst for his first game and try to enter the players car park, but couldn’t have been given his pass. Whoever was looking after it didn’t simply not recognise him but obviously had no knowledge he was expected and told him he couldn’t park, telling him it was a players only area! Great welcome.

Yes much as I hated him for what he did in that cup quarter final, looking back I can understand how he felt with his celebration, I’m sure his time with us is not high on his list of great memories in his career

b****** 😀

His positioning was always suspect, its why he had to make so many last ditch tackles

Ex players.

We sold Bolassie to Everton and he got crocked 5 minutes later.

we offloaded Glenn Murray and lived to regret it.

ian wright refers to 'us' and 'we' whenever talking about Arsenal.

Ex players returning to us ? mostly its a 'no thanks'. Except for Clinton Morrison

Back