• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Team vs Chelsea

Country
England
Reportedly Palace may have to name a bench of less than 9 against Chelsea, as none of the new signings registered in time and with the potential departures of Edouard and Ahamada meaning we only have 18 senior players to chose from..!!

Typical Parish left everything too late -‘too busy making videos announcing new players and hanging onto every £1 note until the last minute..!!

Meantime we’ve already thrown away 6 points - now looks like we could go 0 points from 3 games and already playing catch up..!!

Honestly at times we are at an absolute shambles - sort yourself out Steve..!!

Gggrrr..!!

Moan/rant over - meantime COYP

Keep the faith we were unlucky v Brentford and there was a lot of negativity around the club for the hammers game. Now that the window is over and went well overall for us we will be like a new team v Chelsea with the pressure off. Even if we do lose so what - with the squad we now have we will still have a good season.

I'm going for a Desmond (2-2) although it's about time we nicked one there (My memories are still of Peter Taylor in that magical FA Cup win). Team spirit must be high, helped/motivated by additional competition. Just hope Chelsea aren't as up for it as our lot will be.

Team might be:

Henderson

Clyne
Guehi
Richards

Munoz
Wharton
Lerma or Hughes (I don't think Doucoure is ready to start yet)
Mitchell

Kamada
Eze

Mateta

Bench
Matthews, Ward, Holding, Doucoure, Lerma or Hughes, Schlupp, Sarr
Just the 7 subs. Will be interesting to see whether Ollie puts a couple of the U21s on the bench (they played last night)

Reportedly Palace may have to name a bench of less than 9 against Chelsea, as none of the new signings registered in time and with the potential departures of Edouard and Ahamada meaning we only have 18 senior players to chose from..!!

Typical Parish left everything too late -‘too busy making videos announcing new players and hanging onto every £1 note until the last minute..!!

Meantime we’ve already thrown away 6 points - now looks like we could go 0 points from 3 games and already playing catch up..!!

Gggrrr..!!

Team might be:

Henderson

Clyne
Guehi
Richards

Munoz
Wharton
Lerma or Hughes (I don't think Doucoure is ready to start yet)
Mitchell

Kamada
Eze

Mateta

Bench
Matthews, Ward, Holding, Doucoure, Lerma or Hughes, Schlupp, Sarr
Just the 7 subs. Will be interesting to see whether Ollie puts a couple of the U21s on the bench (they played last night)
Apart from Chalobah, i'm wondering if any of the other 'deadline day' signings would be eligible to even be on the bench, as long as they were registered by noon y/day. I know most weren't announced till late, but, the club had them for a while.

Apart from Chalobah, i'm wondering if any of the other 'deadline day' signings would be eligible to even be on the bench, as long as they were registered by noon y/day. I know most weren't announced till late, but, the club had them for a while.
Apparently not. You can't play at all if not registered - nor be named in the squad. And apparently we were after that deadline. Which is either eleven or midnight.

Gggrrr..!!

Lol, do you think the signing is only official once we release the video?

Give your head a wobble

As I recall, Glasner said in the PC that none of those coming in late would be available for SUnday as they won't have been signed in time

Lol, do you think the signing is only official once we release the video?

Give your head a wobble
Isn’t that the case - oh dear silly me - just as well you with your superior intellect around to put me right..!!

Just to be clear - for the ease of understanding for everyone - my point was signings made too late in the window to be eligible for Sunday’s game against Chelsea..!!

There you go - hope that clears things up for you and your head is “wobbling” OK now..!!

COYP

Whatever the team we put out. I hope we beat Chelsea to shut that clown Merson up. He hates Palacw for some reason and is predicting 3-0 Chelsea. What a to**er he is!

Gggrrr..!!

Jeez, how can you slate Parish so badly. I think he and the board have done an amazing job in the transfer market. Look at the players we have brought in and what an achievement in keeping hold of Guehi.

There’s no pleasing some 🙄

Based on OG's comments on Wharton I wonder if he might just be on the bench today with two scrappers in the middle. Sarr might also get the nod over Kamada due to his pace on the break and when recovering.

Henderson

Clyne Guehi Richards

Munoz Lerma Hughes Mitchel

Sarr Eze

1725177441343.webp

I saw two predicted selections in the newspapers for this game.
One had a back three of,

Richards, Guehi and Lerma,

the other had a back four of

Munoz, Richards, Guehi and Mitchell with a 3 man midfield.

I think the former is more likely.
We’ve conceded three goals down the left side of our defence this season from the space behind Mitchell when he goes forward.
Lerma had a good spell last season on the left of the back 3 which very successfully protected that side.
Chelsea are very strong down their attacking right side with lots of options and lots of pace so we we will need to be prepared.

Isn’t that the case - oh dear silly me - just as well you with your superior intellect around to put me right..!!

Just to be clear - for the ease of understanding for everyone - my point was signings made too late in the window to be eligible for Sunday’s game against Chelsea..!!

There you go - hope that clears things up for you and your head is “wobbling” OK now..!!

COYP
Unfortunately, in the real world transfers can be complex and time consuming.

You must realise that there's a lot more to it than just putting a bid in and getting it accepted.

We are not the only club to not be able to field players this weekend because they were signed late in the window.

Back