• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

What do we want or need

Lanzo-Ad

Country
Spain
With the coming season underway and the transfer market ending in 11 days, what do we need or want, if Guehi goes do we need another CD or a Striker or a Olise replacement or do we have one, i think we need a marquee signing, i would seriously see if we could loan Sterling for the Season, if we could do a deal at 100k a week, and maybe 10m fee, he would be keen to show Chelski are wrong, Eze, Mateta and Sterling sounds a good front 3 to me, also Sterling can play CF, a proven goal scorer in the premiership, could earn the money back if he can perform for us.

I personally would like to see us bring in another striker that is a bit more prolific than Edouard but I'm guessing the club would want to move Edouard on first.
I'd like some left back cover, maybe another CD although thats probably not urgent and I'd like to see maybe one more attacking flair player.

But all of these are really not desperate needs (except maybe LF-if Mitchell got injured we'd struggle there). I think if we didn't sign another player AND Guehi left we have enough to go with what we have.

With the coming season underway and the transfer market ending in 11 days, what do we need or want, if Guehi goes do we need another CD or a Striker or a Olise replacement or do we have one, i think we need a marquee signing, i would seriously see if we could loan Sterling for the Season, if we could do a deal at 100k a week, and maybe 10m fee, he would be keen to show Chelski are wrong, Eze, Mateta and Sterling sounds a good front 3 to me, also Sterling can play CF, a proven goal scorer in the premiership, could earn the money back if he can perform for us.
Interesting thought. Fee a bit too rich in my view. £5-6m maybe.

I have read many times people asking for an Olise replacement, thats never going to happen, as he was a mercurial talent that comes along once a generation. Sterling is out of our price range, as Chelsea want to sell and £30m plus for someone nearly 30 years old isnt the current business model.

I have read many times people asking for an Olise replacement, thats never going to happen, as he was a mercurial talent that comes along once a generation. Sterling is out of our price range, as Chelsea want to sell and £30m plus for someone nearly 30 years old isnt the current business model.
If you had read it properly i wasn't saying we should sign Sterling to ruin our buisness model, it was an expensive loan on a player who would guarantee 15+ goals, he also has something to prove to Chelsea, i am sure a few players will leave before the season, Johnstone, Schlupp, Ahamada maybe Ayew, which would cover 50% of his wages and the loan fee, also the difference he could make from maybe 12th to 8th is 14m.

If you had read it properly i wasn't saying we should sign Sterling to ruin our buisness model, it was an expensive loan on a player who would guarantee 15+ goals, he also has something to prove to Chelsea, i am sure a few players will leave before the season, Johnstone, Schlupp, Ahamada maybe Ayew, which would cover 50% of his wages and the loan fee, also the difference he could make from maybe 12th to 8th is 14m.
BBC reckon Juventus are interested in him.

I would like to see the option of a player who could play across the front 3.
A player who could influence the game offensively so we're not chasing a game with Edouard and Ayew as we had to do on Sunday.
No disrespect to them, but they are unlikely to be game changers.

Sterling would have his merits on a one year loan and fits the bill subject to finances.
So would Zaha (Parish has indicated we would have him back if there weren't tax complications).
I would also take Antonio if he was available.

I know the argument against would be why go for these has beens when you could invest in youth?
Well we have the youth in Franca and JRS and may not want to block their development.
They could be ready next season, so the advantage of the 3 experienced options I mentioned could be a short term solution who could have an immediate and postive impact on this season.

Very little.

If Andersen goes then another LCB or RCB
A striker in if Ayew leaves
Left AM cover or LWB cover (Schlupp can't do both and if he goes then both need covering)
A reserve GK if Johnstone leaves.

It's all based on who leaves which tells me that the squad us fairly full. If no-one leaves except Andersen then we would have done well.

I think we will sign one Centre Half and Sterling on a years loan

-----------------Henderson--------------
------Richards----New------Riad--------
Muñoz---Wharton--Doucoure---Mitchell
-------Sterling-----------Eze-------------
----------------Mateta--------------------

Back ups, Johnstone, Clyne, Schlupp, Ward, Holding, Lerma, Hughes, Kamada, Sarr, Edouard

Sounds good to me.

Back