• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

WFA removal

cryrst

Country
Ukraine

So lieber MPs are ‘shocked and disgusted’ by no impact assessment being made. You know like a dog farting and looking round going “whats that”.
They all knew a vote was coming and not one of them thought to ask!
Absolute cowards and now trying to mention the rise next may being something of a bonus when it’s the rise due anyway.
People may not have long enough memories as to not vote this shower in again nationally but I hope that the local elections next year absolutely destroy most of these aresholes.

So lieber MPs are ‘shocked and disgusted’ by no impact assessment being made. You know like a dog farting and looking round going “whats that”.
They all knew a vote was coming and not one of them thought to ask!
Absolute cowards and now trying to mention the rise next may being something of a bonus when it’s the rise due anyway.
People may not have long enough memories as to not vote this shower in again nationally but I hope that the local elections next year absolutely destroy most of these aresholes.
I thought they did an assessment a few years ago & concluded up to 4K people could die, but, 2TK dismissed it now they are in govt?

These elderly people are to blame for when they were running the country. Free endless healthcare, which was under resourced, Final salary pensions, selling off Council houses. Now these elderly have spent more time getting substantial pensions, that they spent actually working. Then their pensions passed onto their spouses.
A lot of them are oxygen thieves who serve no real purpose in life any more, except taking up valuable resources.
I think we should compost them and sell them as fertiliser.

These elderly people are to blame for when they were running the country. Free endless healthcare, which was under resourced, Final salary pensions, selling off Council houses. Now these elderly have spent more time getting substantial pensions, that they spent actually working. Then their pensions passed onto their spouses.
A lot of them are oxygen thieves who serve no real purpose in life any more, except taking up valuable resources.
There are people under a certain age who actually think that elderly people are to blame.

Last edited:
With 20% vat of course

Imagine being a 84 year old Londoner. At the start of your life, you had Hitler making you cold by forcibly ventilating your houses. With his aerial bombardment.

And now , at the end of your life, you got another enemy of Free-speech......expecting you to put on another extra layer of clothing. Reminds me of Stalingrad.

MP’s tell Robert Peston the treasury told them that if they didn’t do this it would lead to ‘’a Truss moment. Gilt prices would fall (this would mean a rise in interest rates), sterling would fall. The treasury has wanted WFA means tested for years. They see it as a waste of money. A senior Labour MP says that Rachel Reeves was told by the governor of The Bank of England that if they didn’t do this then interest rates would go up.’’

All this highlights for me is that Starmer and his government haven’t a clue. And these were supposed to be the adults in charge now.

i am actually now wishing for Two-Tier Keir to push his luck. One more time. Another crazy policy. Go on Keir. Try and see what happens. When you shove another unpopular undemocratic decision down the throat of John Bull.

The Poll Tax riots happened twice. Seven hundred years apart.

i am actually now wishing for Two-Tier Keir to push his luck. One more time. Another crazy policy. Go on Keir. Try and see what happens. When you shove another unpopular undemocratic decision down the throat of John Bull.

The Poll Tax riots happened twice. Seven hundred years apart.
Well the budget is coming soon. They might end the free bus pass for the old people bankrupting the country.

Removal of free bus passes next. More cruel punishment from a Labour government.
I haven't seen anything that suggests that this is an issue,probably a Tory think tank job.As of September 2024, there are no plans to withdraw the free bus pass scheme for older people in the UK. The government says the scheme is vital for keeping people connected to their loved ones, accessing services, and preventing loneliness.

I haven't seen anything that suggests that this is an issue,probably a Tory think tank job.As of September 2024, there are no plans to withdraw the free bus pass scheme for older people in the UK. The government says the scheme is vital for keeping people connected to their loved ones, accessing services, and preventing loneliness.
Handy as well because they can huddle up on public transport to stay warm.

Got a source for this? Just so we know/can refer back to it if lie/follow advice the economy will collapse if they don’t.

Handy as well because they can huddle up on public transport to stay warm.
I am unaware of anyone who relied on the wfa,it went into the holiday pot and provided a trip to more exotic climes.The tories made so many muck ups,voters will not forget ,they will remain in the cold for a generation,however much people moan it will not change their view. Starmer will get his bus pass as Prime minister.😉

I’ve said it was a rumour. Maybe not in that post, but I have.

Do you have a source for the statement?
Stick bus pass removal into google search and see what you get. Rumours are always full of bull.Believe what you see an non of what you hear,a saner world princess.

Tory privatisation laws are being revoked as bus journeys have more than halved since 2010 leaving many isolated.

Local authorities will be able to run bus services after a successful trial in Manchester.

The return of the community bus will be welcomed.

The chancellor just looks incompetent over the WFA, she should reverse it or get the boot.

Bring back Gordon Brown, 11 years uninterrupted economic growth.

😎

Imagine being a 84 year old Londoner. At the start of your life, you had Hitler making you cold by forcibly ventilating your houses. With his aerial bombardment.

And now , at the end of your life, you got another enemy of Free-speech......expecting you to put on another extra layer of clothing. Reminds me of Stalingrad.
Starmergrad?

Well I’ve found it. But thanks for the internet tutorial. Maybe you could tutor the millions of pensioners with the 243 questions to qualify for pension credit and therefore WFA. Reading this it appears that ‘when ministers were questioned over the issue by shadow transport secretary Helen Whately, they had refused to commit to continuing the scheme for over 60s.’

Here:

‘The Labour Government has responded to claims it was creating “immensely cruel” speculation over the future of free bus travel for pensioners. Currently, anyone over the age of 60 is able to ride buses without charge.

However, uncertainty has been created in recent days over whether the new Government would maintain the scheme in the face of what it is labelling a £22 billion “black hole” in the country’s finances left by the Conservative Party. Just this week, MPs voted down a motion to block Labour’s plans to restrict winter fuel funding to just pensioners who receive Pension Credit or a limited number of other benefits, including Universal Credit.

‘The Conservatives provoked speculation that free bus travel could be next, saying that when ministers were questioned over the issue by shadow transport secretary Helen Whately, they had refused to commit to continuing the scheme for over 60s. Ms Whately branded the apparent uncertainty as “immensely cruel” in a letter to Labour transport secretary Louise Haigh. A spokesman for the Government has now told LeicestershireLive that the ruling party has “no plans to withdraw” the scheme.

The spokesman said: “We know how vital the free bus pass scheme is for preventing loneliness, providing access to vital services and keeping people connected to loved ones, and that’s why we have no plans to withdraw it.”

In her letter to Ms Haigh, Ms Whately said: “Pensioners across the country remain hugely worried about how they will cope with the Government's recent cut to the winter fuel allowance. If scrapping their bus passes is not in your plans, then to allow this speculation to continue is immensely cruel.

"If, however, it is, then I implore you to reconsider. The vast majority of pensioners are not living the life of luxury you appear to think they are. These cuts will heap further pain on top of losing a fuel allowance so many of them rely on.

"It's not just the financial impact of these buspasses. For many older people they represent their last remaining ticket to independence, to amenities and to their communities. Please will you confirm to me and to them as soon as possible that these bus passes won't be scrapped.”

Back