• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Ukraine - The War Goes On.

Country
England
Just before Russia launched their offensive into Ukraine I started a thread in our previous life asking whether we should be worried.

Well, two and a half years later, after obscene attacks on civilian targets, thousands on both sides killed and millions of pounds worth of military hardware used or destroyed, they're still at it.

The latest news (that I've picked up) suggests that Ukraine has pushed back and regained territory. Now India's prime minister, Narendra Modi, after recently meeting Putin is due to visit Zelensky in Kyiv, presumably hoping to broker peace talks.

The old thread appeared to have an ongoing life, with Stirling offering strong input, so, as the situation there is still scary as hell, I thought it worth continuing to facilitate discussion. Putin seems unlikely to escalate this conflict into a nuclear war, but unfortunately there are many correspondents quick to suggest we are on the brink of WW3.

Just before Russia launched their offensive into Ukraine I started a thread in our previous life asking whether we should be worried.

Well, two and a half years later, after obscene attacks on civilian targets, thousands on both sides killed and millions of pounds worth of military hardware used or destroyed, they're still at it.

The latest news (that I've picked up) suggests that Ukraine has pushed back and regained territory. Now India's prime minister, Narendra Modi, after recently meeting Putin is due to visit Zelensky in Kyiv, presumably hoping to broker peace talks.

The old thread appeared to have an ongoing life, with Stirling offering strong input, so, as the situation there is still scary as hell, I thought it worth continuing to facilitate discussion. Putin seems unlikely to escalate this conflict into a nuclear war, but unfortunately there are many correspondents quick to suggest we are on the brink of WW3.
The media are focused upon the Kursk region but Russia are making lots of progress in the east.

I still follow the battlefield reports but as it seems obvious how it's going.

Our MoD seem to be very hands on in this war and frankly the whole thing depresses me.

i stopped following the endless Nato wars ages ago. Cos if you miss out on the action at Ukraine, nevermind there will be another war. Coming to your telly very soon.

Afghanistan, Persian Gulf, Syria, .........Since 1939 there has been endless War.

i reckon Putin will start the next War in Morocco/Algeria. To flood Western Europe again. It is all a deliberate policy to destroy the West.

Trump says he will stop the Wars within 24 hours of getting into the Oval office. And history has proven him correct.

i stopped following the endless Nato wars ages ago. Cos if you miss out on the action at Ukraine, nevermind there will be another war. Coming to your telly very soon.

Afghanistan, Persian Gulf, Syria, .........Since 1939 there has been endless War.

i reckon Putin will start the next War in Morocco/Algeria. To flood Western Europe again. It is all a deliberate policy to destroy the West.

Trump says he will stop the Wars within 24 hours of getting into the Oval office. And history has proven him correct.
The chance to stop the war in 24 hours ended some time ago.

Unless there is a collapse and change of direction It's much more likely to end mid to late next year.

Typical energy bill to rise by 149 pounds a year from October.

Regulator blames 'stress' in gas energy markets.

Yeah, if only there was a large and cheap energy producer available to lower these costs....

Again, this is the most stupid war since the last stupid war......The outcome was lose/lose, whichever way it went.

Anyone poor who supported getting involved in this war needed their head examined.

Back