• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Thomas Tuchel

The England football team managed by a German? Whatever next? The red tops will have a field day.

Actually I quite liked him when he was at Chelsea, speaks good English and has a sense of humour. I was surprised when they dumped him. So we'll see.

Good luck mate - you'll need it.

Will he sing God Save The King?

Lee Carsley wouldn’t
Can't imagine it. He was my immediate thought for Southgate replacement. Experienced and previously successful, yet out of a job after a couple of failures.
England would be a far easier job than Chelsea or Bayern.
I'd say he would respect the anthem. I wouldn't sing the German anthem, or pretty much any country's except my own.

Just shows the lack of top English managers/coaches that we have to stoop this low. Obviously a top coach, but it’s a sad day when we’ve got to appoint a German.

It should not be allowed to have a manager who is not an national of the country they are managing, same as the Players, rule change needed, if you haven't got a good English manager, tough, and if it isn't, never a German, Frenchman or a Scot

Spot on

Even if we did win the World Cup now it’ll be a bit tainted, the whole world, especially the Germans will know we needed the help of a German to do it

Alf Ramsey and Bobby Moore will be turning in their graves

The England football team managed by a German? Whatever next? The red tops will have a field day.

Actually I quite liked him when he was at Chelsea, speaks good English and has a sense of humour. I was surprised when they dumped him. So we'll see.

Good luck mate - you'll need it.

According to the media he had some unrelated football issues at Chelsea, Simon Jordan has just said he would have sacked him as well. No idea what that was all about though, no doubt the press will find a way to tell us.

Whilst I will back Tuchel I do think its a sad indictment of english managers.

I would of happily backed Carsley and I think if the FA were serious they should of given him the job perm from the start but then its backfired having him as 'interim' and the greece game put them in a corner.

I also believe Carsley picked a side a lot of people were crying out for in the summer and it backfired - but I dont really mind him trying something in a low stakes game like he did - hell learn from it

What I will say is no top tier nation has ever won a world cup or euros with a foreign manager (mens) - greece were the only european nation to do it (coincidentally with a german manager)

And another issue is International management has never been a bit having a good CV..... (Low, Scaloni, De La Fuente and Southgate to an extent prove that)

Ill get behind Tuchel and the lads but I am worried we have seen this all before, and its a lot easier for the media to turn on a manager who isnt 'one of your own'

According to the media he had some unrelated football issues at Chelsea, Simon Jordan has just said he would have sacked him as well. No idea what that was all about though, no doubt the press will find a way to tell us.
Something to do with his acrimonious divorce from his wife, allegedly an affair with someone at the club but its just hearsay

will fit right in then like Sven did 🙂

I think you are all missing the point with Tuchel.

What the FA really wants to know is does he look good in a blazer and is he onboard with DEI, anything else is a bonus. 😀

Back