• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

The advertising board, ball boy & Soucek

viveasheagle

Country
Australia
This does not seem to have caught anyone's attention on the site. I was watching it on the TV and this could have ended very very badly but for the alertness of Soucek who helped extract the ball boy who was been squashed by the board after it got knocked over and fell on him by the celebrating West Ham fans. I am not surprised there is an investigation but i have to i have the upmost respect for Soucek in recognising the danger and doing something about whilst no doubt in super hyped mode having just scored an important goal.

This does not seem to have caught anyone's attention on the site. I was watching it on the TV and this could have ended very very badly but for the alertness of Soucek who helped extract the ball boy who was been squashed by the board after it got knocked over and fell on him by the celebrating West Ham fans. I am not surprised there is an investigation but i have to i have the upmost respect for Soucek in recognising the danger and doing something about whilst no doubt in super hyped mode having just scored an important goal.

Totally agree. Fair play to him.

Very true, fair play to Soucek and I believe Bowen for helping the ball boy. It must’ve been terrifying for him and could’ve been so much worse.

I don’t blame the West Ham supporters for celebrating, these advertising displays need to be securely fixed so that they can’t fall over with a modest amount of pressure. The onus is on the design and the installation to be safe and withstand falling over.

The incident has been covered in other threads . But yes well done to the spammers players who realised what was happening .
At times like that the game becomes secondary to events and players become people

We were in the Whitehorse and it was just exuberance, BUT there were some idiots who came running down and threw themselves on top of the bodies already in the pile.
I didn’t notice the ball boy who was stuck underneath until I see it on TV, but good on Soucek, that could’ve turned out very nasty

I mean Souceks great but I don't think I'm alone in saying I'd do the same if there was a kid getting squished at my feet.

And Bowen gave him his shirt. Now that's just taking advantage of a child's venerability to try and convert him to a Spammer. Almost Satanic in a way.

I mean Souceks great but I don't think I'm alone in saying I'd do the same if there was a kid getting squished at my feet.

And Bowen gave him his shirt. Now that's just taking advantage of a child's venerability to try and convert him to a Spammer. Almost Satanic in a way.
Player who scored the winning goal in a euro final the shirt might be worth a few bob in a few years.

Back