• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Odilon Kossounou

Penge Eagle

Administrator
Staff member
Country
England
According to Kicker, Crystal Palace would have to break their transfer record to sign Bayer Leverkusen centre-back Odilon Kossounou.

Can play at right back too. Expensive but if we could get him and Lacroix for the Guehi money it might work out well.

Digging around I found this...

A modern centre-back, Kossounou has primarily featured on the right of a three-man defence, providing width in possession and offering cover for the dynamic wing-back Jeremie Frimpong. His pace, clocking a top speed of 34.95 km/h — the sixth highest for centre-backs in the Bundesliga this season — enables him to excel in this hybrid role.

Sounds like he could fit in well. £38 million is big money, but if he were an upgrade on Andersen then his fee is covered by the latter's sale.

Digging around I found this...

A modern centre-back, Kossounou has primarily featured on the right of a three-man defence, providing width in possession and offering cover for the dynamic wing-back Jeremie Frimpong. His pace, clocking a top speed of 34.95 km/h — the sixth highest for centre-backs in the Bundesliga this season — enables him to excel in this hybrid role.

Sounds like he could fit in well. £38 million is big money, but if he were an upgrade on Andersen then his fee is covered by the latter's sale.

Between Andersen and Ayew's fees it's covered.

The issue for me here is Leverkusen could sell Tapsoba or Tah, which means this lad won't go as well.

Ironically it's Newcastle that could get Tapsoba if they don't stump up for Guehi, which would likely mean Kossonou doesn't go.

Non starter for me.

Back