• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

New Player wages

Spotrac who IMO is normally spot on has these as the wages of:

Kamada 105k a week (free transfer so his signing on fee incorporated in salary) similar to Meyer
Nketiah 90k
Sarr 70k
Lacroix 50k
Riad 30k
It would be interesting to see the salaries of the players that left just to see wether it is a similar amount.

A Dutch cap rather than a salary cap.
Whatever anyone thought of Ayew he did a lot more to earn a lot less.
Jairo was originally signed on a reported £45k a week (he has just appeared in the Europa cup final and had 3 intl caps with Holland) and then barely played for over 2 seasons. After a decent half season his agent negotiated a 2 year extension with SP despite still having c18 months left of his original contract.

This one is entirely down to SP

Your wish is my command
Olise 100k
Andersen 80k
Jairo 55k
Tomkins 50k
Johnstone 40k
Ayew 35k
Ferguson 25k
Ahamada 20k
According to some internet sources Ferguson was on a lot less than 25k for his final contract extension. But don't forget Edouard he was on circa 90k. According to my rough calculations we are approx. 35k a week better off from a first team wages point of view, than we were last season IF we are not contributing towards any of the wages of the players who have gone out on loan.

I'd rather they had paid a 5 million lump sum to Kamada and halved his wages. It never looks good if your highest paid player shouldn't be a starter and it would be easier to shift him if he doesn't warrant a place in the squad

I'd rather they had paid a 5 million lump sum to Kamada and halved his wages. It never looks good if your highest paid player shouldn't be a starter and it would be easier to shift him if he doesn't warrant a place in the squad
Fortunately, if he doesn't work out, his contract runs out next season

I missed Leicester and QPR, but friends and some I’ve read on here are feeling the same way about Lacroix
Personally think Lacroix will be ok as he obviously has physicality and drive. He'll adapt to the pace soon enough. But Kamada - can't see him having the required pace or physicality. I forgot Kamada was playing for most of the game last night - although he was alright for a couple of moments or so. But he's not exactly going to get faster, stronger and more skilful at this stage in his career. He's certainly not suited to a holding role.

Personally think Lacroix will be ok as he obviously has physicality and drive. He'll adapt to the pace soon enough. But Kamada - can't see him having the required pace or physicality. I forgot Kamada was playing for most of the game last night - although he was alright for a couple of moments or so. But he's not exactly going to get faster, stronger and more skilful at this stage in his career. He's certainly not suited to a holding role.

Obviously Lacroix needs time, the whole world and his dog knows the pace of the premier league is much faster than any other league in the world.

I am with you about Kamada though, half decent second half at Chelsea, but not overly impressed so far, but maybe he’s still getting used to the pace of it all as well

Kamada, at least in part, switched to us for the money. That's fine providing he puts the effort in to show the investment was warranted. Like Lacroix, there is probably more pressure on him to succeed as those two were almost certainly players that Glasner asked for. Neither had their best seasons last year so it may take more time for them to reach their best level. Lacroix is very quick and strong so physically he has every chance of succeeding, so far Kamada often seems on the periphery. I'm sure the players understand wages do not always reflect a player's standing in the squad, although the best players will, I imagine, always want somewhere near parity with the top earners. Players like Henderson and Nketiah will likely have been on similar wages at United and Arsenal, respectively, so it would have been unlikely they would accept less to come to a smaller club.

Back