• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Mourinho's hat is in the ring!

Country
England
After Fernerbahce's 1-1 draw with Man U and his red card Jose said at the press conference he wants to return to the prem to a club not in UEFA competitions who are fighting relegation. He added the caveat that it would be in two years' down the line but that was him being clever. I want us to stick with Glasner and long term allow him to develop the academy and academy players, the young sub v Forest looked really exciting, but if it doesn't work out with Ollie the prospect of Jose is also very exciting, he's always appreciated the passion of our fans and it would be a great ride, no dull moments. He's not been a great promoter of youth though, and I think Parrish's emphasis on the academy will bear fruit - he's correctly identified the potential in our catchment area, so you could argue that Jose might not be such a good fit. But am I imagining things or have we chanted 'Jose is an Eagle' when he was in charge at Chelsea? As I said I want us to give Glasner as much time as possible to get it right, but of all the plan Bs this one excites me the most.

I think it is a known fact he does like us and has always been very humble in the past towards us, he’s shown us a lot of respect as well when we’ve played and beaten him on the odd occasion

Didn't he once come into our dressing room to congratulate the players who had just beaten him? Was it Man U? Anyway I remember thinking that was a generous gesture at the time.

Jose could only be considered a short term appointment, he never stays anywhere very long, but I must say it would be a fun ride if it were to happen. Big IF of course. At one time we couldn't afford him, but perhaps he's lowered his expectations now.

But, I'm still backing Ollie to sort things out, although if we're still struggling come Christmas then Mr Parish will have to wield his axe.

People can't be serious at one point he said he didn't want to leave London/England and would take job at Palace this was when I believe he was at Chelsea.

The guy comes out with all sorts don't take it serious.

He would not be good for the club anyway too expensive plus he is one of those who needs to spend money plus can only be around clubs short time because of his management style (He would never be able to get on with the way SP does things)

People can't be serious at one point he said he didn't want to leave London/England and would take job at Palace this was when I believe he was at Chelsea.

The guy comes out with all sorts don't take it serious.

He would not be good for the club anyway too expensive plus he is one of those who needs to spend money plus can only be around clubs short time because of his management style (He would never be able to get on with the way SP does things)

Of course it won’t happen, but like having Simon Jordan as owner, it’ll be one hell of a ride if it did happen, it certainly wouldn’t be boring, well the team might be, but Mourinho is such a force of nature and a character I’m not sure I’d care, it’s not like we’re not used to having a boring team, at least we’d have an entertaining manager with a bit of personality 😀

A Chelsea supporting mate (yes I know) says he's not the man he was - he went off him after he ran after and confronted the ref in the car park after Roma's European loss, lets frustration and desperation get the better of him now ... fair point but I'd rather Jose than Moyes and I can't see Potter coming here, and Southgate has communicated that he wouldn't want to come in after key players have been sold, and I'm a bit luke warm for Gareth even tho he is a Palace legend.

Glasner will sort things out. Mourinho could never manage a club like ours that relies on it's youth policy and selling for profit.

It's just Jose messing with the press boys again although he is good value and I'd love to see him back on our shores.

Mourinho clearly stated in 2 years time for those getting excited. I think he really wants the Newcastle job because of his relationship with Bobby Robson.

It would be a big name for us to get even in two years. I don't think he'd like our transfer budget! Still, he did amazing things at Porto with an average team. Could work.

Mourinho clearly stated in 2 years time for those getting excited. I think he really wants the Newcastle job because of his relationship with Bobby Robson.

It would be a big name for us to get even in two years. I don't think he'd like our transfer budget! Still, he did amazing things at Porto with an average team. Could work.

Someone’s been listening to talksport 😀

Back