• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Gas pipe replacement

TheGreatGorbo

Country
England
Our road is getting our gas pipes replaced by codent my neighbours have turned up today and this is their first part of the replacement, they were told if they don’t won’t it then they will be cut off! Really! How is this acceptable

Attachments

• IMG_9420.webp
    IMG_9420.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
It might all to be with new gas Regulations coming out. (these are issued, generally to improve safety, but also to generate additional income). Therefore replacing pipes that do not meet the new standard. That's why if people refuse to have the works done, the gas supply company can say, "Sorry, your pipes aren't fit for purpose".

It's an absolute 5hltter, but they have you by the gonads.

It might all to be with new gas Regulations coming out. (these are issued, generally to improve safety, but also to generate additional income). Therefore replacing pipes that do not meet the new standard. That's why if people refuse to have the works done, the gas supply company can say, "Sorry, your pipes aren't fit for purpose".

It's an absolute 5hltter, but they have you by the gonads.

Thanks hillbilly mine was done today they managed to go through the old pipe work mostly, unfortunately still no gas on I think the deluge earlier stopped them working earlier , all this must put the gas bills up for everyone to add to the energy bill crisis, neighbours are properly pissed though, seems the installers went for the easy option not caring how it looks afterward.

This install albeit a bad look saves time, money and inconvenience to the house holder.
The gas provider are only obliged to run a piped gas supply to a meter whether inside or outside.
In private dwellings you can run the gas service from the meter to appliances any way you wish as long as the IGEUP regulations are followed by the installer.
I’m guessing this is social housing or you have had new meters installed externally in which case they are also obliged to reconnect your appliances which fundamentally is what they have done !
If you own the property You can get it rerouted internally if you wish to at your expense.

This install albeit a bad look saves time, money and inconvenience to the house holder.
The gas provider are only obliged to run a piped gas supply to a meter whether inside or outside.
In private dwellings you can run the gas service from the meter to appliances any way you wish as long as the IGEUP regulations are followed by the installer.
I’m guessing this is social housing or you have had new meters installed externally in which case they are also obliged to reconnect your appliances which fundamentally is what they have done !
If you own the property You can get it rerouted internally if you wish to at your expense.

I only just checked the photo. That is absolutely appalling pipework. Still, most people have a lot of hardstanding around their houses, so it was probably far cheaper to do it that way.

Christmas is coming, so at least you can have temporary coverage with lights and decorations, while you think of something better to lessen the visual impact. 🙂

I only just checked the photo. That is absolutely appalling pipework. Still, most people have a lot of hardstanding around their houses, so it was probably far cheaper to do it that way.

Christmas is coming, so at least you can have temporary coverage with lights and decorations, while you think of something better to lessen the visual impact. 🙂
If you did that people would think you were a traveler/pikey/gypo.

Back