• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Food at the ground...

in-exile

Country
England
So below is my bbs thread starter post on our pies, which it turns out are now Yukka Pukka crap pies. Our pies were the only thing worth eating at the ground and it's typical of the way the club seems to be going.
They don't seem to care anymore..

Missed the West Ham game due to being in Portugal for August, but did Chelsea away so yesterday was my first home game.
Into the lower... beer and a steak pie please.
Pastry seems thinner and less crusty? Then the meat .... well the meat is more just gravy than meat so then my first fears were confirmed..
This is not a Goddard's award winning handmade pie Award winning handmade British pies | Goddard's Pies just a cheaper newbie pie of some type unknown?
Our pies were the only thing worth eating at Selhurst ... the new one is very much just a chip shop average level ... I won't buy one again.
Others might take the same view so any increase in profit from the downgraded pie will soon disappear over time ... a s*** pie for the plebs, nice one Palace.

So below is my bbs thread starter post on our pies, which it turns out are now Yukka Pukka crap pies. Our pies were the only thing worth eating at the ground and it's typical of the way the club seems to be going.

Missed the West Ham game due to being in Portugal for August, but did Chelsea away so yesterday was my first home game.
Pastry seems thinner and less crusty? Then the meat .... well the meat is more just gravy than meat so then my first fears were confirmed..
This is not a Goddard's award winning handmade pie Award winning handmade British pies | Goddard's Pies just a cheaper newbie pie of some type unknown?
Our pies were the only thing worth eating at Selhurst ... the new one is very much just a chip shop average level ... I won't buy one again.
Others might take the same view so any increase in profit from the downgraded pie will soon disappear over time ... a s*** pie for the plebs, nice one Palace.
I’ve taken to buying the chicken on the white horse opposite park road and smuggling it in. Got caught once last season but for £2.50 I can live with that. I used to buy the pies in the ground but I will take your advice.

When we’re sitting in the Whitehorse the smell of grease, burning burgers and smoke drifting up from underneath turns our stomachs sometimes during games🤢

Have to be honest it would never occur to me to buy food or drink in the ground. You know it is going to be more expensive and or lower quality than what you can get outside

My regular go to for a pre match meal is Delight Cafe which is on Thornton Heath High Street near Tesco's. Proper traditional cafe, all the different big breakfasts and lunch options you would expect and sensible prices. Arrive in plenty of time to avoid waiting too long for a table.

Have to be honest it would never occur to me to buy food or drink in the ground.[ You know it is going to be more expensive and or lower quality than what you can get outside

My regular go to for a pre match meal is Delight Cafe which is on Thornton Heath High Street near Tesco's. Proper traditional cafe, all the different big breakfasts and lunch options you would expect and sensible prices. Arrive in plenty of time to avoid waiting too long for a table.

I’ve got to be honest, it does amaze me the amount of people who do use the food outlets up our end. I just can’t help thinking, why would you do that? I buy the occasional drink if I’m desperate if I’ve put too much salt on my chips outside the ground and I’m extra thirsty, but that’s it now. And even then it pisses me off that they can get pyrotechnics in the ground but I get the cap taken off my drink and have to sit holding it like a plumb until I’ve finished it

Have to be honest it would never occur to me to buy food or drink in the ground. You know it is going to be more expensive and or lower quality than what you can get outside

Agree we often if time allows stop at the Omega cafe Coney hall on the drive up or use the Chippy in South Norwood high street, both good.
But the pies were great at the ground when wanting to beat the crowds and get into Selhurst early and watch the warm up.
Most clubs have decent pie offerings and look to offer better local company quality.... we've gone to PukKa from the previous premium pie this mass market shitter.

Last edited:
I’ve got to be honest, it does amaze me the amount of people who do use the food outlets up our end. I just can’t help thinking, why would you do that? I buy the occasional drink if I’m desperate if I’ve put too much salt on my chips outside the ground and I’m extra thirsty, but that’s it now. And even then it pisses me off that they can get pyrotechnics in the ground but I get the cap taken off my drink and have to sit holding it like a plumb until I’ve finished it
Bring your own cap, loads on ebay(other sites available). 🙂

massive shame, the pies were really good

Me and my son like to go to The Tasty Jerk after the game to get tea to take home.

Our routine started after the open training morning last season (before Liverpool away), when we went for the first time. The funny thing was, one of the CPFC players (first team) was in the queue ahead of us, getting his chicken and rice.

I guess he doesn't think the food at the ground is much cop either!

Back