• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Filip Kostic

Penge Eagle

Administrator
Staff member
Country
England
Palace are apparently showing interest in Juventus winger Filip Kostic. Oliver Glasner previously worked with Kostic at Eintracht Frankfurt, where Kostic was recognised as the Bundesliga’s top assist provider.

Palace are apparently showing interest in Juventus winger Filip Kostic. Oliver Glasner previously worked with Kostic at Eintracht Frankfurt, where Kostic was recognised as the Bundesliga’s top assist provider.

Has there really been interest from us? Doesn’t look or feel like a Dougie signing.

Voice going around here in Italy about Kostic. Yet I don't believe he'd come.
Juventus has got him training with the reserves as the player performances have decreased too much over time, so if he's not good enough for Serie A which is much slower than PL, I very much doubt we're interested in him.
His wages are € 5M per season.

Kostic played well in the Euros so he might have lost his motivation at Juventus rather than his form. We need competition for Mitchell and there haven't been too many options at lwb - seems the most likely candidate and Southampton are showing interest apparently. Tournament cameos can be misleading though, think of Podborsky at United a couple of decades ago.

Kostic played well in the Euros so he might have lost his motivation at Juventus rather than his form. We need competition for Mitchell and there haven't been too many options at lwb - seems the most likely candidate and Southampton are showing interest apparently. Tournament cameos can be misleading though, think of Podborsky at United a couple of decades ago.
Brolin!

I suspect this one is too late unless terms are agreed.

Still stuff bubbling about this one. Have Juve released him and is he a "free"?

The message out is that he considers Palace to be too small despite his history with Glasner.

I suspect that is his agent trying to drum up interest from Turkey; but if that doesn't pay off, bridges burned?

For me, it could represent a reality slap for Kostic and we can nab him in January for a song.

Fitness permitting, a good season and a half from a very good player for a very good price.

I don't know if it's just me thinking it but is anyone noticing Glasner's penchant for older players? It's a bit worrying as it doesn't fit our model. Maybe he'll be off to West Ham at some stage.
I'm thinking Ollie wanted this but the club, let's say, haven't pushed too hard to get Kostic in. Just an opinion.

I don't know if it's just me thinking it but is anyone noticing Glasner's penchant for older players? It's a bit worrying as it doesn't fit our model. Maybe he'll be off to West Ham at some stage.
I'm thinking Ollie wanted this but the club, let's say, haven't pushed too hard to get Kostic in. Just an opinion.

Does he AS?

Kamada at 28 our eldest purchase under him (I think)?

Does he AS?

Kamada at 28 our eldest purchase under him (I think)?
Well, that was one example, at least he was on a free. But there have been others linked with the manager rather than the club and, just anecdotally, they seem to be the more experienced type of players.
I haven't particularly looked into Glasner's career to see if it is something that seems to be the case. Kostic here seems another one - seems, it might all be rubbish. I can't fully remember all we've been linked with.

Well, that was one example, at least he was on a free. But there have been others linked with the manager rather than the club and, just anecdotally, they seem to be the more experienced type of players.
I haven't particularly looked into Glasner's career to see if it is something that seems to be the case. Kostic here seems another one - seems, it might all be rubbish. I can't fully remember all we've been linked with.

I'd still assume it will be less 'rubbish' than any of my own insight.

My question 'does he?' was quite genuine. With regards to my own rubbish, perhaps he has a few players/former players he can identify immediately as useful for us (such as Kamada and Kostic) and perhaps is not quite as 'young, raw and somewhat unnoticed' in his approach as say Freedman, but if he does prefer older players that had escaped my attention... you worried me! 🤣

no such thing as a free - he is one of our highest earners. Maybe why he only has a 2 year contract.

Back