• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Don’t you just love them

there are villages in Southern Italy where every business is boarded-up and abandoned. It is no coincidence that such places have high levels of corruption, organised crime, protection rackets, and legal banditry.

And its also a metaphor for The West. Compare & Contrast with the Tiger Economies of the Far East. When the correct 'rule of law' fails, and Private-property rights get undermined then Chaos follows.

The OECD ranks the poorest countries in the World. It is no coincidence that you open, say, a shoe factory in one of those kips ? And then 5 minutes later a gang will trundle up with Kalashnikovs and inform you that it is really 'their' shoe factory. A shoe factory, or a bar.

Last edited:
I always understood that Licensees had an absolute right to refuse service, without giving any reason.
That is true Becky. Which reinforces the reason to train your staff.

"i will not serve you booze, and request you vacate the premises. cos i said so"....and not say anything more than that. "i will not serve you because......" is now surely commercial suicide ? Loose Lips sink Ownerships

I recall a pub near Reeves Corner with a sign in the window "traveller groups by appointment only". That is either a grey legal area or now totally verboten ?

Does anybody remember the story of some Pontins-type holiday camp who revealed they had a blacklist of certain surnames they refused to give bookings to ?

Last edited:
We're well used to it here. It's been going on for a while. This really is a case of not in my back yard because it's very rare that the government or police do anything about it.

We're well used to it here. It's been going on for a while. This really is a case of not in my back yard because it's very rare that the government or police do anything about it.

i know at least one town in County Wicklow. All the bars have a network of communication. When a certain type of Wedding/Funeral/baptism celebration trundles into town, the whole town closes up shop. Its difficult to sue me when you cannot even see me or hear me.

These people are of no use to society at all and with the criminal behaviour that follows them around most of them should be in prison rather than tormenting landlords . The law firm Howe and co should be struck off for even entertaining such a claim as should any other that thinks they can profit from these lowlifes .

Back