• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Carney Chukwuemeka

Nicholas91

Country
Veneto
Quite a bit of noise around this and it's made the BBC that we are 'leading the race to sign him'.

It's a huge yes from me on the basis it's true. If BBC are reporting that we're heading the queue, it's probably worth a thread!

I know nothing about this player, is he an attacking goal scoring type?

I'm as dubious as dubious sources get Badger but I thought:

Surprisingly tall (powerful)
Left footed, direct winger
Skilful
Scores goals, some from distance
Was once very much seen as a top prospect
Got lost amongst the crowds at Chelsea's training ground.

I'd allow time for anybody better informed to come in and correct me.

If the figures quoted here are correct he's an unlikely target for Palace. £115,000 a week?

We may find that he’ll receive a big pay out from that basket case club which will supplement any difference in what we can afford to pay him.

As a footballer he definitely improves us but there are obviously concerns about his recent injury troubles. If he comes to us and stays fit I'm pretty confident we'd have another Eze/Olise on our hands.

He was extremely highly rated at Aston Villa before Chelsea took him but the reported numbers are astronomical.

They reportedly want £40m plus his wages are £115,000 a week, an extra £6m per year. So if we signed him on a five year deal that's something like a £70m outlay. Unless he turns out to be the illegitimate child of Messi and Maradona, there's very little potential sell on upside there.

They only paid £15m for him and with one goal and two assist in 27 appearances since then, I'm struggling to see why his price has nearly trebled.

£20m fee, we only pay £65k of his wages and they can have a 15% sell on fee would be a bit more like it...

Chelsea got him for £20 million because he had 12 months left on his Villa contract and told them he wouldn't sign a new one. Chelsea contracts are a bit weird and I think a lot of the newer ones are performance-based, so whether he gets £115kpw for sitting on the bench is questionable. Taking the money out of the equation I'd love to see him play for us as he is quick, incredibly skilful and is still really young. Surely Chelsea won't get anywhere near £40 million for him though? I could see this ending up being a loan to us or someone else.

The issue would be whether we have an agreed fee in place at the end of the loan otherwise if he has a great season with us then Chelsea can slap a huge fee on him, like they did with Gallagher. Our relations were good with Chelsea until the Olise kerfuffle last summer, so who knows.
The 'option to buy' usually imeans at an agreed fee. But I totally agree with your point.

The issue would be whether we have an agreed fee in place at the end of the loan otherwise if he has a great season with us then Chelsea can slap a huge fee on him, like they did with Gallagher. Our relations were good with Chelsea until the Olise kerfuffle last summer, so who knows.
Right now I suspect Chelsea will have a good relationship with anyone who can help them out of their current financial issues.

He was extremely highly rated at Aston Villa before Chelsea took him but the reported numbers are astronomical.

They reportedly want £40m plus his wages are £115,000 a week, an extra £6m per year. So if we signed him on a five year deal that's something like a £70m outlay. Unless he turns out to be the illegitimate child of Messi and Maradona, there's very little potential sell on upside there.

They only paid £15m for him and with one goal and two assist in 27 appearances since then, I'm struggling to see why his price has nearly trebled.

£20m fee, we only pay £65k of his wages and they can have a 15% sell on fee would be a bit more like it...
£115k a week wow. This is a ridiculous wage for an unproven player, even if some of it is performance related.
Chelsea seem to be following Man U and paying silly wages - £375k a week for de Gea etc, and then even on a free transfer other clubs won't even pay half this amount.
I think Chelsea will struggle to reduce their squad if most are on over £100k a week

I'm not interested in this guy and think we should just walk straight on by this shop window.

Staggeringly inflated figures, and a footballer that Villa fans describe as "a bad attitude player who thought the grass was greener". True enough thats some sour grapes, but couple all this with a reoccurring knee injury that saw him miss around 30 games since he joined Chelsea and it's just not worth the money.

I'm not interested in this guy and think we should just walk straight on by this shop window.

Staggeringly inflated figures, and a footballer that Villa fans describe as "a bad attitude player who thought the grass was greener". True enough thats some sour grapes, but couple all this with a reoccurring knee injury that saw him miss around 30 games since he joined Chelsea and it's just not worth the money.
Ah didn't know about the knee. Put him through a thorough medical and if he passes the issue is historic.

Can not see us paying the sort of money Chelsea are asking nor his reported wages . Chelsea have messed up big time with their signing of 3 squads more than they need . Don't see why we should be helping them out , wait till deadline day and Chelsea will be giving players away .

Can not see us paying the sort of money Chelsea are asking nor his reported wages . Chelsea have messed up big time with their signing of 3 squads more than they need . Don't see why we should be helping them out , wait till deadline day and Chelsea will be giving players away .
Anyone who has been to a closing down sale knows the dross left on the shelf if you leave it to the last day.

We already have leverage in their financials and available alternatives. If we want we will get on good terms with much sale on.

Anyone who has been to a closing down sale knows the dross left on the shelf if you leave it to the last day.

We already have leverage in their financials and available alternatives. If we want we will get on good terms with much sale on.
...unless Barca are also interested.

Oh well.

Back