• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Best and worst football pundit?

Best - Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Chris Kamara, Jamie Redknap. Micah Richards and Glen Murray are reasonable too.

Worst - Eni Aluko by a country mile…also Sue Smith, Gary Lineker and at times Alan Shearer.

Best….Simon Jordan on talksport, also Graeme Souness, Ally McCoist is good for a laugh as well

Worst….Jamie Redknapp, talk about steal a living off the back of your dads personality

there is a brilliant funny fella over here on the Irish TV. His name seems to be Damien Delaney. But i cannot say what club he seems to have played for or any other info.

Good : Roy Keane, Graham Souness, Paul Merson. Alan Hansen, Ian Holloway, Liam Brady ( especially for outing all the corruption and cheating at FiFA ). Clinton Morrison smiling as Brighton were losing a vital game.

shyte : all the girlies ( apologies for sounding sexist ), Thierry Henry, That ginger git with the big chin who seems to hate Palace - cos we once sacked him...is it Steve something ? , Ian Wright ( sorry Eagles, great player.... mediocre pundit ). Some of the 'no a canna a speaka da English' that get shoved in from time to time.

unprofessional : a separate category for Patrice Evra for mentioning Wilfried's Romantic Rumours on live TV....quickly followed up by a hastily scripted legal disclaimer - the blonde lady from Sky tv looked really rattled as she read it at full speed.

Its more fun when pundits are live cos their fv..ck-ups are out there. MOTD is even more anodyne cos it feels edited, rehearsed, and boring. I Remember Graeme Souness nearly getting into a fight a few times....precious.

Clinton seems to still love the Palace. Hence, my inherent bias is to only like him. The rest can do one. I don't mind Delaney in Ireland and I don't mean John.
The old Irish panel was frankly fucking brilliant/ hilarious. Three grumpy, opinionated men being wound up by an agent provocateur old man with a funny accent. Wind them up and let them rant/ argue/ throw shapes/ disagree simply for the sake of it. It'll never, ever happen again.

Clinton seems to still love the Palace. Hence, my inherent bias is to only like him. The rest can do one. I don't mind Delaney in Ireland and I don't mean John.
The old Irish panel was frankly fucking brilliant/ hilarious. Three grumpy, opinionated men being wound up by an agent provocateur old man with a funny accent. Wind them up and let them rant/ argue/ throw shapes/ disagree simply for the sake of it. It'll never, ever happen again.

that was the best panel ever. Not PC. Opinionated and hilarious. Two World Class heroes and a gobby Millwall failure.

expertly handle by Bill O'Herlihy, RiP.

Like the original Big Match panel with Malcolm Allison, Derek Dougan and Pat Crerand who often looked like they were going to start fighting each other and Bob McNab sitting at the end trying to stay out of it.
Brian Clough used to be good value too.
I liked Rodney Marsh on Sky - he was always looking for a laugh.
On the radio Don Howe was surprisingly good because he could explain tactics very clearly.

Like the original Big Match panel with Malcolm Allison, Derek Dougan and Pat Crerand who often looked like they were going to start fighting each other and Bob McNab sitting at the end trying to stay out of it.
Brian Clough used to be good value too.
I liked Rodney Marsh on Sky - he was always looking for a laugh.
On the radio Don Howe was surprisingly good because he could explain tactics very clearly.
Rodney Marsh and Besty were brilliant in those early days of Sky, proper personalities and really entertaining and funny……even if they were talking bollox😀

Rodney Marsh and Besty were brilliant in those early days of Sky, proper personalities and really entertaining and funny……even if they were talking bollox😀
We have Rodney Marsh on Grumpy Pundits over here, on SiriusXM. I'm not sure he watches the matches, but has plenty to say (mostly uninformed).

Doesn't like Palace as says every big team should beat them every time.

I'd have to say the US pundits on NBC, Robbie Erle and Robbie Musto are pretty decent. The Champions League pundits are Liniker, Henry and Richards , they seem more interested in joking around, as opposed to serious discussions about the matches.

We have Rodney Marsh on Grumpy Pundits over here, on SiriusXM. I'm not sure he watches the matches, but has plenty to say (mostly uninformed).

Doesn't like Palace as says every big team should beat them every time.

I'd have to say the US pundits on NBC, Robbie Erle and Robbie Musto are pretty decent. The Champions League pundits are Liniker, Henry and Richards , they seem more interested in joking around, as opposed to serious discussions about the matches.
I thought both Robbies were great when I lived in the US.

Ferdinand plays with a straight bat and usually makes some good points and club managers are usually on the ball as pundits . Lee Dixon is the best of the co commentators IMO . Ex players dont really cut it though and why we need another voice in the commentary is anyone's guess. Much can be said the same about the girls ,Im sure one will turn up sooner or later that proves me wrong but to date I might as well ask the wife what she thinks

From Farah Williams on BBC's website:
"Crystal Palace ... have struggled at the start of this season and I am worried about the number of players they have. ...I question why they have let Joachim Andersen go. They haven't replaced him..."

I wish I could get paid money for writing nonsense without bothering to research it (inviting some cutting responses from HOL subscribers I fear !!).

Ferdinand plays with a straight bat and usually makes some good points and club managers are usually on the ball as pundits . Lee Dixon is the best of the co commentators IMO . Ex players dont really cut it though and why we need another voice in the commentary is anyone's guess. Much can be said the same about the girls ,Im sure one will turn up sooner or later that proves me wrong but to date I might as well ask the wife what she thinks
I'd rather have a female pundit than a female commentator - their voices get too high pitched when anything happens. Cricket has avoided this by having Mel Jones whose voice is a bit lower and, more importantly, she's a good enough commentator.

Best: two names I have not seen mentioned yet - Dion Dublin and Owen Hargreaves.
DD - enthusiastic and knowledgeable, entertaining, empathetic, genuinely interesting to listen to.
OH - fantastic insight especially in game. Tactically very sharp and able to distill important points to the layperson.

Worst: Robbie Savage and Chris Sutton. Vacuous windbags who cannot argue a point to save their lives and who are far too self important. CS also has a condescending aire about him which I find unedifying.

Back