• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Ben Chilwell (suggestion)

I haven’t heard anything about him with us, or anyone else.

If he stays healthy he’s a great left back.
Chelsea have a problem in that their players even the ones they don't want are on wages other clubs won't pay .Chilwell is on a reported £200,000 a week until 2027 or just over £10 million a year .

Chelsea would have to pay us to take him off their books and I can't see that happening

Ben Chilwell's strengths are going forward rather than defending.
He played cricket when he was young and joined the Northants academy.
Only you know stuff like that Willo👏👏

I don't think Chilwell is enough of a upgrade to merit an upgrade

Only you know stuff like that Willo👏👏

I don't think Chilwell is enough of a upgrade to merit an upgrade

I know people who have been resident in Flitwick,Beds for many years !

I was also informed several moons ago that when a young Andrew Johnson was playing for a local Bedfordshire club he was known as 'Jonah'.I believe the club was Ampthill Town but I could be 'Off beam' on this matter.
🙂

Chelsea have a problem in that their players even the ones they don't want are on wages other clubs won't pay .Chilwell is on a reported £200,000 a week until 2027 or just over £10 million a year .

Chelsea would have to pay us to take him off their books and I can't see that happening
It is unbelievable these days how half decent or even average players become multi millionaires. Even some shite players to be honest.
You can understand once Chelsea come calling why players go there, a couple of years, even if you’re not playing and you’re loaded for life.

Agree that people on inflated wages do justify negative transfer fees. From earlier in the thread i see that Chelsea are liable for at least £20m until the end of his contract. Chelsea paying us about £15m would make him attractive.

Good grief. Are we getting desperate?

A thousand times NO.

As with Sterling people quickly forget how good these players were before they were Chelsea'd.

Risk though. No guarantee that with plenty of game time and a bit of love they will be restored to their former glory.
Was decent under Tuchel, but still limited as a defender. OK going forward but got injured and hasn't been the same since.

Stay well clear.

Back