• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Visiting Selhurst Park

LeeB14

Country
England
Good evening,

Just after some help if possible, my son is a massive Palace fan, he loved the badge as kid and has been collecting the kits since he was 5 but being from Bristol and costs involved, we have never managed to get tickets and visit Selhurst Park. We sat in the away end for a preseason friendly at Ashton Gate a few years back and he loved it - his City mad brother not so much

To finally rectify this, I have brought tickets to the U21s on Friday 18 October, we are going to skip school and come up for the day to celebrate his 13th birthday.

I know it's not the real thing but he is desperate to visit the ground.

Is there anything we should visit to make the day as special as possible, any murals or statues around the ground.

Will the club shop be open so he can spend all his money.

Any places real match day fans know about.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Things that I often point out to folk who are obviously in for the game from out of town -

The Holmesdale road sign - good to get selfies next to the sign.

The corner of the Holmesdale road & the main stand - where the visitors team bus tends to park up.

Up the steps to the portacabin(s) decked out in red & blue with famous faces.

The Fan Zone - behind the main stand - no idea if that's open for U21 games

Opposite the fan zone , next to the fancy entrance - the wall of bricks of palace fans from past & present.

Hope that gives you a few ideas.

Last edited:
Things that I often point out to folk who are obviously in for the game from out of town -

The Holmesdale road sign - good to get selfies next to the sign.

The corner of the Holmesdale road & the main stand - where the visitors team bus tends to park up.

Up the steps to the portacabin(s) decked out in red & blue with famous faces.

The Fan Zone - behind the main stand - no idea if that's open for U21 games

Opposite the fan zone , next to the fancy entrance - the wall of bricks of palace fans from past & present.

Hope that gives you a few ideas.
Amazing, thank you very much.

The mural of wilf on a house at the top of the ground. A bit marmite for some but he was a legend for us imo.

Beat me to it, I haven’t been up that end of the ground this season, I get a nose bleed if I stray too far from the Whitehorse lane end, so I was assuming it was still there and no one’s painted over it 😀

Don't waste your cash on the food in the ground ... terrible.

That’s the best advice!!

LeeB……there’s decent places right outside the ground along Whitehorse lane(the end where you’ll find the club shop) to get something to eat. Much cheaper as well, as you’d probably expect

Good evening,

Just after some help if possible, my son is a massive Palace fan, he loved the badge as kid and has been collecting the kits since he was 5 but being from Bristol and costs involved, we have never managed to get tickets and visit Selhurst Park. We sat in the away end for a preseason friendly at Ashton Gate a few years back and he loved it - his City mad brother not so much

To finally rectify this, I have brought tickets to the U21s on Friday 18 October, we are going to skip school and come up for the day to celebrate his 13th birthday.

I know it's not the real thing but he is desperate to visit the ground.

Is there anything we should visit to make the day as special as possible, any murals or statues around the ground.

Will the club shop be open so he can spend all his money.

Any places real match day fans know about.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Don't know whether they still do them or if they do them on an U21's match day but they used to do Stadium tours - We did one with the kids a good few years ago but it was quite informative (we had a palace historian do the tour that day) - might be worth calling the box office to see if it's on.

Did a stadium tour last season and was quite good as you get to see behind the scenes in the boardroom, press room and dressing rooms etc.
You also get to see where the press sit together with where the chairman sits with his ipad attached to the seat and you even get to sit in the dugout.
Complimentary coffee/hot chocolate wasn't up to much though 🙂

Did a stadium tour last season and was quite good as you get to see behind the scenes in the boardroom, press room and dressing rooms etc.
You also get to see where the press sit together with where the chairman sits with his ipad attached to the seat and you even get to sit in the dugout.
Complimentary coffee/hot chocolate wasn't up to much though 🙂
Thanks - I did ring and they said no stadium tours until the New Year?

Back