• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Drop Eze and Mitchell

Jayyyy1503

Country
England
Just feel Eze this season has cost us a lot, yes he scored against Chelsea, but he loses the ball a lot, and he does risky things which loses us possession often, maybe I’m being over the top, but he’s a shadow of player he was.
Yes he’s creative etc but right now can we do much worse, maybe play a 352 with 3 in midfield.
Mitchelll I feel lets us down so much, he’s currently championship quality, yes he’s sound defensively but going forward he offers nout. Can’t pass and his end product is terrible.

Just feel Eze this season has cost us a lot, yes he scored against Chelsea, but he loses the ball a lot, and he does risky things which loses us possession often, maybe I’m being over the top, but he’s a shadow of player he was.
Yes he’s creative etc but right now can we do much worse, maybe play a 352 with 3 in midfield.
Mitchelll I feel lets us down so much, he’s currently championship quality, yes he’s sound defensively but going forward he offers nout. Can’t pass and his end product is terrible.
I am not arguing with you, but who is going to replace them, in your 3-5-2

Give the youth player we got a go at left wing back.. umeh I think his name is? Or even schlupp, i know schlupp is hit and miss, but at least he’s aggressive and direct, won’t also think twice bombing foward
In the middle play Hughes ,lerma and Wharton

Eze looks lost without his mate Olise. He needs a foil and I thought Nketiah might fill the void, but that's not happening yet. We can't drop him though. Ollie needs to address this issue.

As for Mitchell, the commentary team on TNT thought it looked like he was carrying an injury - he certainly appeared in some discomfort before he went off. Unfortunately we have limited alternatives..

There's so much lacking to ezes game, he needs to be playing as a 10, but he's capable of moments of brilliance which equates to a goal involvement, just about every other game, that's invaluable to a bottom half club, so he's undroppable, the formation doesn't suit him especially playing on the left side of the narrow 10, with Mitchell as his wing back.

Am I the only one to think in the second half that 'if we only had Wilf' we might have scored seeing that he was capable of single handedly turning a game? Yes, he was selfish but he attracted so much attention it would have taken the load off Eze who isn't able to shake off the two or three defenders he attracts. Ayew was another who could distract the opposition and give forwards just a little more time to move forward.

At the moment the tendency to quickly get rid of the ball, usually to a marked colleague or straight to the opposition, is noticeable and with Wharton obviously not 100% we rely on Eze to hold the ball and it is clear he is not up to that responsibility. A little more calmness, movement and ball-control would be welcome.

Somehow the manager must solve the massive hole that Olise's departure has caused.

Not that worried about Eze's overall play. He's been better but a barely competent level of finishing would have seen him get us a point today and possibly 3 against United and then this discussion wouldn't even be taking place. There was the Leicester one at the Whitehorse end that he somehow put between Mateta and the far post too.

However his finishing is, unfortunately, abysmal at the minute. It's costing us points and if that can't be turned around fast he can't expect to hold a place in the team.

Not that worried about Eze's overall play. He's been better but a barely competent level of finishing would have seen him get us a point today and possibly 3 against United and then this discussion wouldn't even be taking place. There was the Leicester one at the Whitehorse end that he somehow put between Mateta and the far post too.

However his finishing is, unfortunately, abysmal at the minute. It's costing us points and if that can't be turned around fast he can't expect to hold a place in the team.

After about the first 10 games of last season, he had the worst conversion rate in the league, for the chances he gets, his finishing has always been pretty bad. Like I've said for what he's good at, he's amongst the best in the league but he has to play as a no 10, viera dropped him as he couldn't play out wide, I remember Hodgson playing him on the left against Brighton during covid, he was non existent, for England, look at the difference between him and Gordon.

And a poster on here belives he has the most natural ability for an englishman since Gascoigne and will be among the top 3 players in the world by the age of 27 is laughable. Let's be honest, he just about makes the top 50 players in the league.

Time for the manager to call in his production and impact, Eddie is making a better contribution. Start Eze, but sub him if he is not bossing the play ..... ah - is anybody bossing the play? Olise used to be quite vocal, as was Wilf, but right now we dont' have that person, other than JPM, but then he should be too far up the pitch to do that effectively.

We will end up with Southgate as manager before Christmas and revert to a 4-4-2. Mateta and nketiah up top. Eze and sar on the wings and lerma and Hughes in midfield with wharton dropped to the bench Guihe and LaCroix center backs and Munoz/ chabaloa for right back...

Mitchell played his best when Townsend or when Ayew swapped wings and played in front of him and helped out. Just stick to defence and not worry about getting forward and he is fine.

Back