• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

What’s the solution?

Jayyyy1503

Country
England
With Liverpool next game at home and away fixtures after, I’m super worried.
Glasner is in denial also about the Everton game, we did dominate the first half but also the first half Everton were really bad.
You can’t buy a striker for big bucks then play him out of postion, the players that have been sold apart olise has been his choice and he got his players he wanted, none have paid off.
We need results not moments

Seems like it could be potter, Southgate or moyes

If it was to be Moyes or Southgate I think I’d prefer to stick with Glasner!

Personally I like Glasner and think he’s a good manager.

However, I’m not sure he’s the manager for a struggling team.

If we fail in the next 2 games (quite possible) the pressure will be on.
We have to find some defensive solidity and are conceding too many goals .
The squad is unbalanced, but still has plenty of talent and should be doing better in both performances and results.

With Liverpool next game at home and away fixtures after, I’m super worried.
Glasner is in denial also about the Everton game, we did dominate the first half but also the first half Everton were really bad.
You can’t buy a striker for big bucks then play him out of postion, the players that have been sold apart olise has been his choice and he got his players he wanted, none have paid off.
We need results not moments

Seems like it could be potter, Southgate or moyes

It’s early days, we’ve only played 6 games, remember how you felt after our last 6 or 7 games last season? It’s a 38 game season of ups and downs, last season was pretty grim for most of it, but suddenly 6 wins in 7 gave us a 10th place finish and it all didn’t seem so bad.

The front three aren't working. Eze hasn't really got going this season, Mateta seems to have reverted back to pre-hot streak Mateta and Nketiah is out of position. I'd like to see Nketiah given a chance up front with Eze and Sarr behind him.

We massively miss Doucoure so hopefully he returns soon and I think we could do with Chalobah coming into that defence. I do still think that one win would set us off but with Liverpool up next it's probably going to have to wait for Forest for our next proper chance.

Sounds absolutely mad considering how well we finished the season but if we fail to beat Liverpool, Forest and Spurs, a genuine possibility, I think Glasner is in trouble.

The front three aren't working. Eze hasn't really got going this season, Mateta seems to have reverted back to pre-hot streak Mateta and Nketiah is out of position. I'd like to see Nketiah given a chance up front with Eze and Sarr behind him.

We massively miss Doucoure so hopefully he returns soon and I think we could do with Chalobah coming into that defence. I do still think that one win would set us off but with Liverpool up next it's probably going to have to wait for Forest for our next proper chance.

Sounds absolutely mad considering how well we finished the season but if we fail to beat Liverpool, Forest and Spurs, a genuine possibility, I think Glasner is in trouble.
Nketiahs position for Arsenal was on the bench, your not suggesting we play him there, are you. He is a right sided striker, which is where he is being played, we dont play with wingers, as we have wingbacks.
Doucoure was absent nearly all of last season and we did fine without him, he does add to the team, but he isnt the reason for a slow start.
Games generally turn on key moments, yesterdays was Mateta being denied a stonewall penalty at 2-0 it would of been harder for Everton to comeback.

If we'd had got that stonewall pen yesterday things would most likely be different and we wouldn't be talking about OG's obsession with Kamada bcos him and the rest were good first half. If we haven't got Doucoure available we need Lerma and Wharton in midfield, Nketiah needs to start centrally with Sarr and Eze JPM goes to bench, why not try substituting Mitchell with Schlupp or a youngster, the back 3 will gel, lecroix was better yesterday, once Chalobah and Franca are available that will help a lot ... it will click, it will improve but it needs to happen sooner rather than later though we mustn't overreact, OG is the same manager who oversaw that great run but he clearly needs a bit more time to adjust to a lt of key changes to the squad.

Back