• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Moses Swaibu - Palace player turned match fixer

Have to feel sorry for the teams he fucked over. You wonder how much of this goes on. We've had some ridiculous results and suspicious decisions over the years.

If I had to pick a suspicious performance, Kevin Miller v QPR when we lost 6-0. I know he was apparently sulking because of the wage issues at the time, but he was so bad and he visibly downed tools in that game, it does make you think, it was absolutely sickening to watch from a professional footballer

If I had to pick a suspicious performance, Kevin Miller v QPR when we lost 6-0. I know he was apparently sulking because of the wage issues at the time, but he was so bad and he visibly downed tools in that game, it does make you think, it was absolutely sickening to watch from a professional footballer
There are loads, frankly. As for some of the refereeing decisions - enough said.
One in my mind is our 5-4 loss to Swansea. How would that be done from where we were? I know we're Palace but are we really that calamitous?

There are loads, frankly. As for some of the refereeing decisions - enough said.
One in my mind is our 5-4 loss to Swansea. How would that be done from where we were? I know we're Palace but are we really that calamitous?

It didn’t seem like there was physically enough time in that game to have been that many goals that late even though Pards was our manager 🤣

You have to wonder about the Liverpool 9-0 game as well, they literally had 9 attacks, anyone who was there will tell you it really wasn’t the one traffic you would’ve thought. Perry Suckling looked like he was a fox caught in a cars headlights…..a bookmakers car headlights 🤣

It didn’t seem like there was physically enough time in that game to have been that many goals that late even though Pards was our manager 🤣

You have to wonder about the Liverpool 9-0 game as well, they literally had 9 attacks, anyone who was there will tell you it really wasn’t the one traffic you would’ve thought. Perry Suckling looked like he was a fox caught in a cars headlights…..a bookmakers car headlights 🤣
I was there, and it did just seem like one of those freak days when (nearly) everything they did worked perfectly and everything we did was like knocking your head against a brick wall. I think in chances, we had a fair few. They had maybe 12 shots on target - 9 goals. I felt it was unfair to blame Suckling as the defence seemed to constantly dematerialise in front of him which was compounded by their shots being almost perfect on the day. The laugh was our missed penalty and us starting to cheer every pass Liverpool made.
Actually, one of the best away days I ever had. We felt like we were all in it together in those days.Since then, I've always had a modicum of respect for Liverpool as the gave us an extra allocation of tickets - such was the demand. We all know Everton or Man U wouldn't do that.

I was there, and it did just seem like one of those freak days when (nearly) everything they did worked perfectly and everything we did was like knocking your head against a brick wall. I think in chances, we had a fair few. They had maybe 12 shots on target - 9 goals. I felt it was unfair to blame Suckling as the defence seemed to constantly dematerialise in front of him which was compounded by their shots being almost perfect on the day. The laugh was our missed penalty and us starting to cheer every pass Liverpool made.
Actually, one of the best away days I ever had. We felt like we were all in it together in those days.Since then, I've always had a modicum of respect for Liverpool as the gave us an extra allocation of tickets - such was the demand. We all know Everton or Man U wouldn't do that.

I agree with you about the best away day, I’ve always been proud to say I was there. It was my first trip to Anfield and we were passed caring once it was obvious we were going to get hammered and just enjoyed the occasion and the gallows humour and chanting. I had my leg in plaster, so i nearly didn’t make it, but with a bit of help from mates who I travelled with I’m so glad I did.

Back