• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

International Break

PZ Eagle

Country
England
Who would be a Manager? Just as all the uncertainty of the transfer window ends along comes the International break to disrupt things again. Palace have NINE players off to take part in Internationals:=
Henderson, Eze, Guehi - England
Turner, Richards = USA
Munoz, Lerma - Columbia
Kamada = Japan
Sarr - Senegal

Praay that they all return fit and well. Ollie must be exasperated.

Who would be a Manager? Just as all the uncertainty of the transfer window ends along comes the International break to disrupt things again. Palace have NINE players off to take part in Internationals:=
Henderson, Eze, Guehi - England
Turner, Richards = USA
Munoz, Lerma - Columbia
Kamada = Japan
Sarr - Senegal

Praay that they all return fit and well. Ollie must be exasperated.
He must be but there's a price to pay for having players good enough to be considered for international games. He'd probably rather this situation than having a squad of duffers. It's a problem that there seem to be so many internationals, including pointless friendlies, and players from outside the home nations flying all over the world several times a year isn't ideal.

It looks to me that the season will only properly get off the ground in October.
Only then will Glasner have had the opportunity of having the squad for the season together on a sustained basis.

Prior to then there have been the international tournaments in the summer, the disrupted pre season, the extended transfer window, the player exits and newcomers.

Of course these problems are not exclusive to Palace, but I feel in general fans are being shortchanged .
Why do we even need a meaningless international break a few weeks into a new season?
Lerma missed our game at the weekend with a toe injury and yet no doubt will feature for Columbia in the next week or so.
I hope he doesn’t sustain further damage when away.

It could be argued that the break will allow our new signings to acclimatise, but this has to be of limited value if the bulk of the first team away on international duty.

It looks to me that the season will only properly get off the ground in October.
Only then will Glasner have had the opportunity of having the squad for the season together on a sustained basis.

Prior to then there have been the international tournaments in the summer, the disrupted pre season, the extended transfer window, the player exits and newcomers.

Of course these problems are not exclusive to Palace, but I feel in general fans are being shortchanged .
Why do we even need a meaningless international break a few weeks into a new season?
Lerma missed our game at the weekend with a toe injury and yet no doubt will feature for Columbia in the next week or so.
I hope he doesn’t sustain further damage when away.

It could be argued that the break will allow our new signings to acclimatise, but this has to be of limited value if the bulk of the first team away on international duty.
I feel your pain, but, we now have the 'Nations League' which FIFA dreamed up for more revenue, so, 5 weeks after this Int Break, there will be another one & 5 weeks after that, yup, another one. As for Lerma, it was on the website that both Palace & Columbian medical people both agreed Lerma could travel.

On the bright side, Wharton has withdrawn from the U21's.

back in the day when johny williams went to play in a meaning less u21 game for wales he was 17years old and suffered an injury to his ankle that kept him out for over a year imo he never really was the same player again ,most people really dislike these breaks og must feel like he trying to manage the team with his hands tied

Oliver Glasner should do what Fergie used to do and declare that all his players were injured and miraculously they would have fully recovered, and were fighting fit by the time the weekend was upon us.

No one batted an eyelid at this and he used this on many occasions. Beckham, Scholes,Ince, Robson, Butt and the Neville brothers missed out on dozens of caps. He didn’t care because he was Scottish!

Oliver Glasner should do what Fergie used to do and declare that all his players were injured and miraculously they would have fully recovered, and were fighting fit by the time the weekend was upon us.

No one batted an eyelid at this and he used this on many occasions. Beckham, Scholes,Ince, Robson, Butt and the Neville brothers missed out on dozens of caps. He didn’t care because he was Scottish!

Ryan Giggs also had a severe allergy which used to flare up whenever Wales had a friendly.

I would agree for bullshit like the Nations League or whatever the f*** it is called. I also wouldn't release ANY first team players for U21s. It's of no use to a first team Premier League pro to play underage games.

Hindolo Mustapha(18yo), first senior callup for Sierra Leone. 2025 AFCON Qualifier (6.9.24): Sierra Leone 0 - 0 Chad. Substituted on at 87' (CAM). With 2 goals in the first two PL2 games for the 21s, and now his first senior national team appearance, the lad's confidence should be over the top.

Back