• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

2025/26

We are already part way there
Last week we had the third youngest team of starters compared with the fifth oldest in the same round last year. Average age dropped by 2 years with likes of Ward, Ayew, Schlupp and Johnstone starting that fixture

It would be a miracle, we need proven players in their prime to compete, if you want to see how good our youngsters are, you can follow them in the football league trophy, they're not even good enough to compete against teams in league 2.

Wouldn't really be considering Imray or Umeh-Chibueze yet.

Jury is also out on Franca and JRS.

Regardless we are moving in the right direction.

It would be a miracle, we need proven players in their prime to compete, if you want to see how good our youngsters are, you can follow them in the football league trophy, they're not even good enough to compete against teams in league 2.
Of course Stevenage are mid-table League One. The Palace teams for these matches is a scratch side made up a mixture of the regular squad and those who train with the First Team. It is not a team that is expected to win the Competition. Some of our best U-21 players eg Ozoh, Rak Sakyi, Wharton, Franca etc. are otherwise engaged or not as the case may be. I’m sure we could put out a very competitive side if we were able to call everyone back.

I know they are not good enough yet, but it would be lovely if they could progress this season, its only 4 players in that team that are not to standard already, i think Imray and Franca of what little i have seen will have big futures.

Of course Stevenage are mid-table League One. The Palace teams for these matches is a scratch side made up a mixture of the regular squad and those who train with the First Team. It is not a team that is expected to win the Competition. Some of our best U-21 players eg Ozoh, Rak Sakyi, Wharton, Franca etc. are otherwise engaged or not as the case may be. I’m sure we could put out a very competitive side if we were able to call everyone back.
Apart from wharton they were all playing in it last season and we was as bad then, I dont understand the obsession of getting youngsters in our first team, 90% of them won't even make it as professionals, the other 9% will be lucky to be championship players.

Apart from wharton they were all playing in it last season and we was as bad then, I dont understand the obsession of getting youngsters in our first team, 90% of them won't even make it as professionals, the other 9% will be lucky to be championship players.
Jeez! Your glass is definitely half empty. I hate to think what happens to your other 1%!

Sounds savage but its true.

IMO the only players we can even consider as potentially being ready next season are JRS and Ozoh, but thats IF they both shine this season in the Champs.

In previous seasons players like Mitchell and AWB have come straight into the first team with no experience. Our squad is much better now, so that will be harder and harder for the new kids to do.

Go and set the championship alight first

Sounds savage but its true.

IMO the only players we can even consider as potentially being ready next season are JRS and Ozoh, but thats IF they both shine this season in the Champs.

In previous seasons players like Mitchell and AWB have come straight into the first team with no experience. Our squad is much better now, so that will be harder and harder for the new kids to do.

Go and set the championship alight first
Doesn't that say something, the fact they had NO experience of 1st team, they performed & grew into the players they are now. So, why can't the others do likewise? Seems to me everyone is saying they have to have years of experience elsewhere before being even considered for the 1st team, at least OG is giving some experience by putting them on the bench with the matchday squad. As they say, "If you're good enough, you're old enough"

Back