• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Villa away in the cup

Hopefully our game will have picked up by then....we always play better against top teams...with a bit of luck arsenal will be more interested in top 4 position in league!!

My thinking was, we will play our strongest team, villa being in champions league and wanting to stay in the mix as a top 4 team will likely rest players.

By worse I meant… City, Arsenal, Liverpool and 2 teams we never beat in spurs and Chelsea.

Overall, a strong set of teams left in the cup. As said Villa will be playing on multiple levels, with this fixture the least attractive.

They allow teams to play and don't often press, which can suit our style of play. Never easy but definitely winnable.

Overall a good cup draw that with the 'top' teams away from home (and playing second strings) should make the quarter finals pretty open . Getting there though will be a tough ask .

My thinking was, we will play our strongest team, villa being in champions league and wanting to stay in the mix as a top 4 team will likely rest players.

By worse I meant… City, Arsenal, Liverpool and 2 teams we never beat in spurs and Chelsea.
Yes, you might well be right Den. Hope so anyway. The difference between your nuanced as opposed to my own myopic view!

Back